ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to work today and all of the sudden my tranny started to sound like a handful of gravel was thrown in it. :mad:Had it towed to local transmission shop and it is blown up. I run a stage 2 and would like to go with a bigger turbo at some time. Any options for a gear set that is streetable but will handle more power? I have searched a lot on these forums today and the opinions are all over the map. This is my daily driver and want something that has ratios close to stock but obviously much stronger. Tech will have it out of the car tomorrow so time is limited. And yes, I did some harsh launches on it in the past so I deserved this. New to this and all forums so if I did not follow protocol, my apologies.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
for the 07... PPGs are it.

Kaaz, and MFactory don't make those ratios if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I think PPGs are on sale too

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yes! And do a front LSD too.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
I have PPGs. :D

If the OP is on a time crunch then PPGs are going to take a while to get. He has to coordinate freight (if necessary) and then wait on Andrewtech to assemble and ship back. Your best bet is to browse the NASIOC F/S threads and see if you can pick up used PPGs there or source a stock one. OOOOOOOOOR....just be more gentle with your stock gear box. That's my advice and the cheapest. Or I can sell you my 06 gear box that's just laying on the floor in my garage :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If I build it stock, can I put a lightened flywheel on it with a stock clutch or will that put more stress on the gear box? I learned my lesson on hard launches I think.

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
Or I can sell you my 06 gear box that's just laying on the floor in my garage :D
Oh you mean the one that's been under water? ;)

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
If I build it stock, can I put a lightened flywheel on it with a stock clutch or will that put more stress on the gear box? I learned my lesson on hard launches I think.
More stress. Build with the stock clutch and stock flywheel.

·
8,921 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Call Andrewtech. They might have PPG sets in stock and can ship to your installer.

·
8,921 Posts
Call Andrewtech. They might have PPG sets in stock and can ship to your installer.
They have to machine out your transmission to make more room for your beefier gears.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
They have to machine out your transmission to make more room for your beefier gears.
I've never heard about that...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Man U still got that06 tranny?

I have PPGs. :D

If the OP is on a time crunch then PPGs are going to take a while to get. He has to coordinate freight (if necessary) and then wait on Andrewtech to assemble and ship back. Your best bet is to browse the NASIOC F/S threads and see if you can pick up used PPGs there or source a stock one. OOOOOOOOOR....just be more gentle with your stock gear box. That's my advice and the cheapest. Or I can sell you my 06 gear box that's just laying on the floor in my garage :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts