Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 07 wrx and the AUX input hasn't worked since I bought it. I just took apart the console and noticed that there is no conection from the AUX jack, only the cigarette lighter. Coming from the back is only a 4 pin connector to the 12v DC jack which was plugged in. Then from the part mounted on the dash is that 4 pin and a 6 pin from the AUX jack which was not plugged in. I'd rather not disassemble my entire console to check what cable it is. Does anyone have any info on what cable I need to buy and route to my head unit? Thanks a bunch

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,426 Posts
Hit up the Google fu and see if you can find the factory service manual. It should tell you there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hit up the Google fu and see if you can find the factory service manual. It should tell you there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Found the manual. Looked through the wiring diagrams and couldn't find anything on the AUX input. Only the 12 VDC outlet. It's not in the Audio system or front accessories diagrams.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interesting -- Subaru's wiring diagrams for 2007 Imprezas don't show the aux jack. I hadn't noticed that before.

The part in your first picture (the ashtray aux "pod") is Subaru part number 86257SA010 "UNIT-AUX TERMINAL". It was used in 2007 Impreza, WRX, and STi models, and 2007-2008 Forester models.

The missing piece is a short cable that interconnects from the 6-pin harness on the aux pod to an 8-pin socket on back of the OEM head unit. It is available only as a replacement part from Clarion, or possibly used on eBay (but not from Subaru). See this post (#323 in that thread), and my reply in the post after that.

However, what is the model number on your current HU? If the previous owner swapped in something different, it could be a model that doesn't have the 8-pin aux socket. Or if it's the similar Forester model, you would need to make a small modification to that Clarion harness -- see the above posts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts