ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know is there any way to soften the suspension in the car. This is because living in Iowa the roads look nice and flat but they aren't and when i am going down the road i am bobbing up and down the entire time and my gf is getting motion sick from it. Also the suspension on the car is stock, would getting aftermarket shocks/struts allow for this or can i do it with the stock one?

Last thing i am looking at getting a second set of wheels for my car for winter driving and was wondering if anyone knew a good place to look at rims that are not insane in price.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,205 Posts
I know a popular spring option for snow stages is to use the WRX springs. I'd check and see whether the WRX suspension or even the Outback suspension is compatible with your car. Then it's a matter of finding a good wreck (buying this stuff new isn't cheap).

·
Æternum
20,564 Posts
A few wagon guys swap in OBS springs + struts for a slightly higher ride and increased spring travel. I'm not sure the sedan will accept wagon springs without modifications, though.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
RCE Black springs cured some of the bobble-head effect on my '05

·
Æternum
20,564 Posts
RCE Black springs cured some of the bobble-head effect on my '05
Don't RCE blacks have like 300% stiffer spring rates than stock??

EDIT:
Sorry I was thinking 300 pounds/inch not 300%... even so that's like 200% stiffer than stock IIRC.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
zax said:
Don't RCE blacks have like 300% stiffer spring rates than stock??

EDIT:
Sorry I was thinking 300 pounds/inch not 300%... even so that's like 200% stiffer than stock IIRC.
They are stiffer than stock, but that's probably why it cured the effect; it no longer oscillates.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
If its because the cars struts are bad then replace the struts, if it bounces because the car is insanely stiff stock I would sell or trade your OEM struts/springs/top hats to a person with similar mileage/year wrx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts