Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 WRX 176,000 miles. I was driving home one day and the car started misfiring horribly. Got it towed home and can't seem to figure out what is wrong with it. It will start 1 out of 15 times of trying to start it but it misfires on all 4 cylinders. It mainly just cranks and cranks and cranks. Only codes I get are the misfire codes for each cylinder. Here is the mod list:

Cobb turbo back exhaust, Cobb intake, VF39 turbo, IAG AOS, I believe it has bigger injectors or stock STI injectors.

I have checked the map sensor, crank sensor, maf sensor, the fuel pump, fuel pressure, made sure injectors are firing. The timing is good. Plugs and coils are good.

Changed in the last 30k miles: Engine block (brand new), timing belt and pulleys, headgaskets, plugs, coils, coil connectors and wires.

This is my daily so I really need to figure it out fast!

·
Registered
bug eye or bust
17 Posts
Ya man that’s dead. The numbers are within 10% which is probably the reason it will start every 15 tries or whatever you said but ya. You want your compression to be around within 10% of 150. When I compression tested my bugeye a few months ago the lowest I got was 140 in cyl 3

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,757 Posts
Lower limit for the 2,0L 205 engine is 835 kPa with no more than 50 kPa difference between any two cylinders. That's at 350 rpm on a warm motor. I have no specs for a cold motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts