Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've searched many forums and I have yet to find a post that answers. Do the 08-11 STI wings fit on a 06 STI? I'm not a huge fan of the bulkyness of the wing on my car and wanted the most aggressive thinner look of the 08-11 wing. Any information is helpful being I don't want to buy a wing and have it not work and be out that money. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say not. The trunk angles and dimensions are different. I would imagine it would take quite a bit of work and a body shop to make that happen.

Also, I think it'd look like crap. The new STI wings are incredibly obnoxious, but they kind of go with the overall look of the car. I don't think that would be the case for the your generation STI. For what it's worth, you're also going to probably negate any down force your factory wing provides.

If you don't like it you can trunk swap with a WRX owner. I feel like the new STI wings appear much bigger than the previous generation's wing.

·
Æternum
15,696 Posts
If it did FIT, I'm going to go out a limb and say that drilled trunk holes are unlikely to align.

If you are unhappy with the wing, might I suggest a smaller WRX decklid wing or swapping for a wingless trunk? GDs look great wingless. Especially IMO with the vane spoiler.

Also, FWIW, the 2011+ STI wing (there was no 2008-2010 sedan STI) is actually a bit BIGGER in all dimensions than your 2006 STI wing. It's certainly taller, and not sure I agree with the thinner sentiment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts