ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just raced my brother in laws 07 speed 3 the other day. Have to say I was impressed with his car. From a dead stop,(I launched like poop) up to 100 I beat him by over 2 cars. I suspect with a good launch it will at least 3 or more. both cars are bone stock(4 now) and I give mazda credit, although it's no scooby!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Just raced my brother in laws 07 speed 3 the other day. Have to say I was impressed with his car. From a dead stop,(I launched like poop) up to 100 I beat him by over 2 cars. I suspect with a good launch it will at least 3 or more. both cars are bone stock(4 now) and I give mazda credit, although it's no scooby!
Is the mazda a 5 speed or a 6 speed? lol

With the right mods do you think your sti could get in the mid 7's?

haha feel free to add to it *no pun intended*

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
run him on the highway, you might get a real nice surprise.

·
Banned
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
20-100

the first race we did was around 20 to 100. I suppose it would be closer if we started on the highway, but I was still pulling on him shifting from 4th to 5th. I'll find out soon though! I should have some numbers from new england dragway in the spring too!

N

·
0 Posts
run him on the highway, you might get a real nice surprise.
i ran a ms3 on the higway in sick traffic...id drop to third and wind out, i had to catch up to him but eventually after much wreckless driving i caught up and passed him [email protected]!!! lol they dont have alotta top end , i was surprised cuz wrx's ahve terrible top end!! he was pissed that i was keepin up and eventually passed him(bad lane choice)
i was actually on the wait list for a ms3 but the guy was giving me 12,500 for my 03 350z w/ 58k miles(new tires)...i eventually got my deposit back and went str8 to a subaru dealership and after dying to get an sti the price was too high, they gave me 14k for my z and i got the 06 wrx during x mas i got 3500 off the sticker i paid 21800$ + finance. But the ms3 is a nice lil car the interior is nice too. but now that i have my wrx the AWD feel and all the mods ive made ahve really grown on me this car is now a part o me especially after digging in her guts doing surgery!

·
Registered
197 Posts
lol they dont have alotta top end , i was surprised cuz wrx's ahve terrible top end!! he was pissed that i was keepin up and eventually passed him(bad lane choice)
What are your mods? Stock to stock the MS3 will hand a WRX its ass up top. I have a stage2 and my brothers MS3 started pulling on me after 100mph when it was stock. Now with just an intake he put down 278whp at the dyno.

I would of course rather have my rex, but the MS3's aint no joke.

N

·
0 Posts
eh?

EDIT**
Oh i guess were editing posts now? well then in that case, i never said i was fast0r than him( he actually passed me doin like `100+ on the right lane and i was in left lanbe chillin cruise control set @ 75), i said i passed him a few times because he was a idi0t and picked the wrong lanes in heavy traffic(**** happens, he was a good driver ijust got lucky), its not the car its the driver(dont you watch initial D? lol). i know the ms3 is no joke, its light and quick! as far as looks our new 08 hatch(as far as looks go) destroy the ms3. I liked the ms3 so much i was on waiting list for it actually before i bought my 06 wrx, but the guy would'nt give me what i wanted for my trade in(14k for a 350 Z w/ 59k miles).
Im so glad i didnt get that ms3, i love my subie and the tight community( i got a wicked deal christmas before last, they were trying to get rid of the 06's to make room for the 07's and i got 3500 $ off the sticker ! If i ever do switch cars(which i probably wont for at least 4-5 yrs) it would be to an sti or an evo.

edit* question about mod list(its short) - Right now my wrx is pretty much stock engine wise(minus a apex gt spec CBE), i got an HKS downpipe(but im thinking about sending it back and getting a bell mouth ERZ instead), kartboy SS, prodrive springs, 17" Rota Tarmac II's, im rolling on toyo fz4 rubber, myfalkenfk452's(http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?yr=2006&c=7&sw=false&cs=225&pc=18546&rd=17&vid=009970&ar=45) should be arriving wed this week!
I was gonna go with the azenis rt615's initially but the tread wear rating sucked! and we already have AWD, in the back of my head im thinking shi!t i shulda just got the rt615's but a friend of mines has one with his srt 4 and the wear faaast! but STICk nasty, laminix protective film and piaa yellow fog light bulbs..and thats it..so basically slightly stock still.

Mod wish list - getting cobb apv.2 soon so i can install that POS hks DP another future mod is a defi boost gauge & then im working on suspension(sway bars, control arms, end links etc etc)

May i ask why you edited your initial post? if you dont mind me askin :D

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
^^isnt that kinda wasting badnwith quoting and putting no comments? i mean i know im a noob but isnt that pointless??
Not when it's an entertaining post that might be deleted/edited.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
i''ve said it b4, i'll say it again 06/07wrx= srt4. :baaa:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I enjoy the MS3 very much.
Did you get one???

call it a bad OTS tune or what you will, but my stock MS3 would have beat the pants off of my stage 2 04 WRX.

And I agree about 06/07 WRX= SRT-4...

Lets be careful with this thread, every MS3 thread on here ends up getting closed:)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Did you get one???

call it a bad OTS tune or what you will, but my stock MS3 would have beat the pants off of my stage 2 04 WRX.

And I agree about 06/07 WRX= SRT-4...

Lets be careful with this thread, every MS3 thread on here ends up getting closed:)
Then next time you join us on the twisties (in the rain) at the next Victory run...:D

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
MS3=SRT4

Everything here counts as a repost.

Can we just merge this with another dead/closed thread and call it good?

·
Registered
0 Posts
meh

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Did you get one???
Nope. I had the opportunity to drive one though and love the car for what it is.

Mainly because people are pissed that their superduper AWD hp moster of a wrx cannot keep up with a cheaper car in any catagory including braking, handling, acceleration, etc.. and even when they go stage2 they can't count on a definite win.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Mainly because people are pissed that their superduper AWD hp moster of a wrx cannot keep up with a cheaper car in any catagory including braking, handling, acceleration, etc.. and even when they go stage2 they can't count on a definite win.
Yeah, in most MS3 and SRT-4 threads, the whining and namecalling starts before we get to page 2. <Lock>

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
MS3=SRT4

Everything here counts as a repost.

Can we just merge this with another dead/closed thread and call it good?
its just funny when a guy in a sti says he beat the guy from a dead stop to 100+ by 2 cars and he says maybe 3 if he launched well then some kid in a blobeye comes up and says oh i beat one on the freeway!!(and his bone stock) they don't have that much top end, then goes back and edits it, it ends up he was just messin around with some guy in heavy traffic and calling it a victory. Same sh1t srt4 guys used to do, they used to beat cobra's off roll with stage 2+ toys remember?

·
Banned
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
their not to shabby

ms3's are really nice, BUT, i dont know if anyone reads car and driver or motortrend. the regular wrx beats the ms3 hands down everytime. Not trying to down the ms3, but the tourque steer is redonkulous in 1st and 2nd. the car is basically useless below 30mph. I know people will disagree, but i'm the one with sti who raced the brother in law with the ms3. I have driven it, and it performs well, but you can only do so much with a fwd car that almost steers itself off the road under 30.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts