ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 STi with mods in sig, I didn't really notice any bog when I got the car back from installation but I babied it for a couple thousand miles before really getting on it.

When racing, after quick shifting there is a brief bog/stutter that is really annoying. Is this common? Are there any known fixes? I called my tuner but he wasn't available, but his assistant claims it's a result of the recirc air being dumped back in front of the turbo which stalls it for a sec... idk. Any help or shifting suggestions would be welcome.

·
Registered
0 Posts
whens the last time u did spark plugs ?

does it only do it in cold weather ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spark plugs were changed to iridium when mods installed about 5k miles ago, car has 15.7k miles on it now. NOt really sure about the cold but seems like I started noticing it in the fall so prbly below 60 degrees.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
well, i personally dont do the whole uber racing quick shifting etc etc. but i know when my dad/brother/and i go out to have some fun with my car, whenever they shift like that the car doesnt necessarily "bog" but its not like super smooth shifting or anything. i cant realy explain it but i know what you mean.

cliff notes, i think its normal haha

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
this is caused by failure to revmatch the upshifts,

learn to revmatch those upshifts for smooth acceleration.

·
Banned
125 Posts
im guessing u had a fwd car before this. my guess for the reason of the bog is because its 4wd, so the wheels dont spin in second, therefor causing it to bog.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i personally dont do the whole uber racing quick shifting etc etc. but i know when my dad/brother/and i go out to have some fun with my car, whenever they shift like that the car doesnt necessarily "bog" but its not like super smooth shifting or anything. i cant realy explain it but i know what you mean.

cliff notes, i think its normal haha
Right; bog may not be the most accurate description, it's just not a smooth transition of power.

this is caused by failure to revmatch the upshifts,

learn to revmatch those upshifts for smooth acceleration.
This sounds very likely to be the culprit. I am giving it gas as I let the clutch out but maybe not enough. It almost feels like there is no boost there for a fraction of second and then it comes back full on. From first to second, it is a much smoother transition and the car accelerates as the clutch is let out rather than bobble.

im guessing u had a fwd car before this. my guess for the reason of the bog is because its 4wd, so the wheels dont spin in second, therefor causing it to bog.
Nah, had a rwd T/A LS1 still a big difference in feel.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
This sounds very likely to be the culprit. I am giving it gas as I let the clutch out but maybe not enough. It almost feels like there is no boost there for a fraction of second and then it comes back full on. From first to second, it is a much smoother transition and the car accelerates as the clutch is let out rather than bobble.
wait a moment before getting back on the gas when the clutch is disengaged, the rpms will have a chance to fall slightly before you get back on the power

1 - 8 of 8 Posts