ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another bozo who thinks his z is the baddest car in all the land. I was going to just let him pass bye while merging on the highway, but for some reason lately when people see my car they turn into a race car driver, cutting me off and weaving in and out of traffic. We happened to meet up after paying for tolls, and i'll just say I was not impressed. my brother in laws 07 speed3 pulled a little bit harder. anybody else have similar experiences?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Yeah, 350z's arent that fast. Just goes to show, losers can buy slow cars too.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
I love my Z but Sti > 350z in terms of performance. Theres no other way around it.

Of course you do pay more.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Z's are overated, but are still super sexy.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Z's are overated, but are still super sexy.
Yeah I think a lot of the owners are to blame. It's a somewhat flashy car so it gets a lot of braggarts and its relatively affordable for a 2 seater so theres a lot of "my first sports car" people that act like they got a Porsche or something. At the end of the day It s a good well rounded car for what it is. For the 26K I paid I can't fault it.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
A guy at my work has a black one, It might be THE sexiest one I have seen. Tastefully modded with the Fairlady emblems to boot!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
its not hard to take one out. there slightly overrated in there power output and weight to much. my dd is a 04 g35x awd sedan. skyline atessa fTW! anyway. my a/t vs my friends 04 5psd 350z (same motors/hp rating) stock vs stock im maybe 2cars back by 110. and my car weighs 3600lbs:rotfl: they should come with at least 330 out of the box. the vq35 is an average at best motor and the same with its mod potential.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I disagree.

The VQ35 is an excellent motor. It's just that people expect certain performance from the Z that the motor in its current trim doesn't always live upto.
+1

It's great as is. Doesn't respond to mods that well because it's tuned quite well for what it is from the factory. When Borla first released their "true dual" exhaust system - it actually lost power compared to stock. (I believe they made some changes because of this)

What's great is when my friends refuse to believe the WRX is faster.

"it's not as fast as it looks" is what I always find myself saying about the 350Z. However, it is a beautiful car and incredibly easy to drive at about 8/10ths from the moment you get in the drivers seat. Very intuitive and has a good amount of torque down low. Horrid rearward visibility and not much trunk space - but I didn't buy it for practicality.

·
Banned
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just want to make it clear that in no way am I downing the 350z as a car. I think they are nice, sleek sporty cars. Probably one of my favorite looking 2 doors.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
to each his own. i remember when they were racing jgtc 350z's with rb26s because the vq couldn't cut it. i know after tons and tons of cash and r&d later they went back to the orig motor (if you can call it that) it just hard to call it a good motor when it will always be in the shadow of a 10yr old rb26. that makes just as much hp stock vs stock and has the mod potential for 700+whp on the stock motor. face it having to replace the bottom end with forged setups at 400whpish doesn't cut by todays motors at all. but in the end i own one its great, very torquee, gets fair gas mileage and had a very good service record which will make it great for many miles to come. oh and having the same sexy exhaust as the z come out of my 4dr g makes peoples head turn all the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i've had different experience with STIs. i've done several highway and runs form a dig with STIs and EVOs in my 07Z and it was exactly what i expected. dig i was left behind, on the highway I can state without any second thoughts that the STI is probably equally fast. last time i ran one of my buddy's STI (he was stock then) it took me up to 130mph to just get little bit ahaed of him. i have no idea how the old generation VQ motors are, but i love the HR motor.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i've had different experience with STIs. i've done several highway and runs form a dig with STIs and EVOs in my 07Z and it was exactly what i expected. dig i was left behind, on the highway I can state without any second thoughts that the STI is probably equally fast. last time i ran one of my buddy's STI (he was stock then) it took me up to 130mph to just get little bit ahaed of him. i have no idea how the old generation VQ motors are, but i love the HR motor.
then the sti driver wasnt that great. i raced a 350 from a dig, killed it. he wanted to do 60-90 for sum reason.....killed him. went on the interstate 60-top speed....killed him all 3 times. and im stock, he had a greddy exhaust system.

·
Banned
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when I raced the z we only went from 40 to about 95ish. while i was still pulling on him a little, im sure if we kept going my all wheel drive have only hurt me and helped the z pull ahead. I raced a new g35 on the highway from about 60 to 100 and it was a little closer. we were almost dead even at 90, it was real close. g35 had exhaust too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
then the sti driver wasnt that great. i raced a 350 from a dig, killed it. he wanted to do 60-90 for sum reason.....killed him. went on the interstate 60-top speed....killed him all 3 times. and im stock, he had a greddy exhaust system.
yeah, from a dig the AWD shines. however, i guarantee you that the 07+ 350z will pull a stock STI from a roll. and no the STI that i ran has a great driver. He was able to run 13.2 -1/4 all day long when he was stock on 80+ degrees when he first bought the car. he's good.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Was the Z you raced an 07' or an 04-06?

Big difference there. Typically, an 04-06 would get beat by an STI by 3+ cars from a roll. The 07's however tend to run dead even with STI's.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
99 Posts
07 Z's will pull sti/evo's up top on a roll, albeit slowly and way up there in speeds. the evo/sti after the shift into 5th gear loses a nut ( i had a bolt-on and tuned evo 9 and now an rsti with 05 motor and tranny) which is too long to overcome their brick like coefficient of drag.

don't mind the guy shifting, but i found this clip on clubrsx lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vnoKGGhme4o

06 sti vs. 07 Z both stock

·
Registered
204 Posts
ah ok didnt know there was a difference between models. not sure what yr it was. i just remember it being purty. pearl white, lowered, black rims, greddy pipes, fat kid in the passenger seat recording.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ah ok didnt know there was a difference between models. not sure what yr it was. i just remember it being purty. pearl white, lowered, black rims, greddy pipes, fat kid in the passenger seat recording.
i am pretty sure 2007 -2008 do not offer pearl white. next time look at the hood, it has a bulge, thats the only way you can distinguish the 06 from 07 - 08. and 07 -08 from all the previous years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts