ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I would do a quick write-up on changing out the radios on the new 06's since i just changed mine out to today.

Step 1:

Pry off the radio surround. You can do this by sticking a flathead in between the radio and the radio surround((red arrows)radio MAY get scratched IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL.....SO BE CAREFUL, but better the radio your replacing then the dash if your not careful and something does get scratched). Once you have this loose DO NOT pull hard(there are 2 hidden screws). Pull out the shifter surround by gently pulling on it, don't forget that the cigarette lighter is attached to that surround.

Step 2:

Now you should see the two "hidden" screws(red arrows). Remove these two screws. Now the radio surround should ease right out.

Step 3:

Now you can see the six screws holding the radio in place. Remove these screws and the radio assembly will slide right out. Remove the connectors and antenna.

Installation is the reversal of these instructions.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Where did the photos go?

What happened to the photos? I bookmarked this thread for future reference but now the photos are gone... :confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put them up on my webshots account but apparently that didnt work out too well.........i;ll email you the pics.........whats your email address?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Just attached the pics to this thread. People will be able to fill in the gaps if you post them in order.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
imagehosting.us has tons for free space u can use

·
Registered
79 Posts
wit2003 said:
I put them up on my webshots account but apparently that didnt work out too well.........i;ll email you the pics.........whats your email address?
I have received the pics & thank you. I found out that it's easier to pop out the shifter surround first w/ flathead & then pull out the shifter surround. Then go to your step 2. I'm able to pull out the radio surround half way, but the top part of it is still stucked to the dash. Do I just keep pulling the surround up until it pop off? Sorry for double posting this on another thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124406&highlight=remove+head

·
Registered
13 Posts
2006 wrx factory stereo wiring diagram?

I've been through the threads...still nothing on a wiring diagram..i really don't want to have to test all the wires, anyone out there have this diagram..should be the same as the 2005 6 cd changer stock stereo wiring diagram..

Any help would be appreciated thanks..!:confused:

·
Registered
188 Posts
wrx2020 said:
I've been through the threads...still nothing on a wiring diagram..i really don't want to have to test all the wires, anyone out there have this diagram..should be the same as the 2005 6 cd changer stock stereo wiring diagram..

Any help would be appreciated thanks..!:confused:
The harness you got for your head unit (hopefully you got one so you don't have to cut factory wiring!) will be the same color wires as on your aftermarket head unit. So you just match color for color.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steps 1 and 2 are backward

Hey guys. kinda to address the issue of scratching stuff.

If you remove the shift trim then unscrew the screws securing the radio trim, you can remove the radio trim with no chance of damaging it. unless you are a big brute maybe.

hope this prevents anyone scratchin their trim

·
Registered
812 Posts
Maybe you should add in somewhere in the title that this is a TR. My car is an 06, with a 6 disk, so these wont work with mine. If you have any pics of this on a 6 disk, that would be great!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
how'd you get the damn dash out i removed the shift trim and the "hidden screws" but my HVAC control area won't slide out...help would be appreciated. i'm not paying 85 dollars for the dealership to install.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts