ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap!! Have you guys seen the specs on this thing? Thats only 5 lb ft less torque then the new Vette....and its about $10K cheaper. It looks alot better too, they made it look more agressive which is a good thing. Its going to carry the 6.0L LS2 engine I believe, can't wait to see that thing in action.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Yes, it definitely looks like an awesome car. The looks are infinitely better than the previous year model, and the LS2 is going to be outstanding. My only complain is that it still weighs over 3800 lbs., which is kind of disappointing. But it still looks like it is going to be superb.

The SSR is also getting the LS2, but I hate the SSR.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Zoombaru said:
I thought the old GTOs were badass, my friend got it pretty sideways at the GM Auto Show in Motion. I'm definitely going to test drive a new one. I'd have one in every color if I could afford it.
The GTO is my most lusted after muscle car. My grandfather had a white convertible 64 ' hurst, had to get rid of it because of 'nam... I love hearing about it all the time, though....

i think he said he ran a 13.2 @ 100something stock.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Chunks said:
The GTO is my most lusted after muscle car. My grandfather had a white convertible 63' hurst, had to get rid of it because of 'nam... I love hearing about it all the time, though....

i think he said he ran a 13.2 @ 100something stock.
Umm . . . Didn't the Pontiac Tempest GTO come out in '64? Also, I think the 1/4 mile time was something like 14.8 @ 96mph or something.

Don't get me wrong, they are still nice cars, but a lot of people have their performance blown way out of proportion. Keep in mind, too, that when they measured horsepower on musclecars, it was gross and not net.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
bah old news. i posted a link up awhile back that the SSR is also getting the LS2 with 390horses and a 6speed. GM is trying to show they can play ball in the HP wars of modern day. The GTO IMO looks still ugly. it's like the pontiac line and the holden line had sex and that's what came out. make it original and it would sell. the name doesn't do it and the power won't do it. there will be a slight increase in sales but without a restyling then it will flop.

now for some old musclecar GTO knowledge. the 64 and 65 GTO's were a tempest with the GTO option. The GTO package included the 389 V8, quick steering, dual exhaust, and premium tires, a bargin at just $300. The 389 cid engine came with 325bhp with a single 4bbl carb or 348bhp with the optional Tri-Power setup, 3 2bbl carbs. Pontiac hoped to sell 5,000 copies, they ended up selling 32,450.

In 65 it got a stylin change and in 66 Pontiac made the GTO it's own line because it sold so well.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
CustomS10 said:
now for some old musclecar GTO knowledge. the 64 and 65 GTO's were a tempest with the GTO option. The GTO package included the 389 V8, quick steering, dual exhaust, and premium tires, a bargin at just $300. The 389 cid engine came with 325bhp with a single 4bbl carb or 348bhp with the optional Tri-Power setup, 3 2bbl carbs. Pontiac hoped to sell 5,000 copies, they ended up selling 32,450.

In 65 it got a stylin change and in 66 Pontiac made the GTO it's own line because it sold so well.
Did you just copy and paste that from here? I love that site, and I always go there to check on things when I am not certain.

·
Registered
830 Posts
zoophagy said:
I hope they are going to look like this some time soon:
Sadly, that car was a custom made one for some car show this year. It is NOT the production one. I can find the link if someone wants it.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
zoophagy said:
Did you just copy and paste that from here? I love that site, and I always go there to check on things when I am not certain.
yep, i can't remember specifics on everything so i go there for specifics. wasn't sure on the 1/4 time and the engine hp and what not. i knew the tempest gto option in 4 and 5 and 6 being the new GTO. i also love that site!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts