Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on purchasing a 2004/2005 wrx, just not sure how much $ is too much to spend on it, thinking max I’ll go is 10k but no higher? Here in Utah an 02 with 200k+ miles would go for over 7k so Im thinking of going out of state, my question is, would you buy an older year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
I would buy one blown up or in need of service before ever paying that much for a car that will need the service anyway

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
I wouldn't be interested in buying a used WRX at all.. or any other turbocharged four cylinder for that matter. Too much risk involved IMO (been there, done that).

If you are considering buying one I would shoot for these criteria: 100% stock its entire life, one [mature] owner, mechanically in good condition, well maintained on schedule, under 150k miles, passed a used car inspection (including leak down test), and you can get it for less than $6500. Basically you're going to be looking for a gem.. however they do exist. It just might take a while to find the right one. Once you get in the 12+ years old with 190,000+ miles range I wouldn't spend more than a couple thousand at most.. you would want to have a back up car to drive, and if something on it were to break that would cost more than $500-$600 to replace just write it off as a loss, part out, and scrap what's left.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts