Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Im looking to get recommendations on brake rotors for my 05 Wrx sedan. This is my daily driver car so i dont need extreme high performance. Currently i have oem rotors.
I live in Bozeman Montana. Basically, its either extremely dry or snowing. (It does snow 8 months out of the year here fyi). So im looking to get rotors that will work best in this environment. Also, For some reason people here cant see the color silver so i have to often slam on the brakes because they pull out in front of me. ( or they are just ********) Just in 2018 i was nearly TBoned 3 times. So with that said, I need brakes that i can rely on.
I was hoping to upgrade to a higher performance ones IF possible. Whatever i get, they need to fit with my stock calipers.

Ive seen several recommendations for DBA, but those forum posts are 6+ years old and i was hoping to get an up-to-date recommendation. Every site i check for brakes has little or no reviews for any of their rotors. Im lost as to what to pick. So...

1. What Brand do you recommend?
2. Would it be best to have Drilled and Slotted? Just Drilled or just Slotted?
3. What site/company should i order from?

Im open to any and all suggestions. But please keep in mind, im trying to do this with a limited budget.
Thank You Very much!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I run R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors with their oem based pads. I’ve had them on for a couple months and had good luck with it. When I bought the brake kit which was all four rotors and pads with hardware. It was only a little over $200. So it’s pretty affordable.

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
DBA makes great brakes. Im getting ready to put the DBA T3 4000 rotors and DBA SP500 pads on my STi along with SS lines. For the money they are great. But a little on the pricey side. For slightly cheaper, look into stop-tech rotors and hawk pads. They are also good brands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts