ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I'm gonna by a '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sports Wagon. I'm trying to get online quotes to get a feel for how much I should spend. I got one dealership to tell me what their invoice is: $23,109 w/o any options. He claims that they don't ever go below invoice. But I've heard from a ton of places that cars cost the dealerships less than invoice, and that the shorter time they're on the lot the less they cost the dealer (because the dealer doesn't buy the car fr/ Subaru, they just pay a % of the cost every month until it's sold and then pay Subaru for it). I suggested $22,000 and he got real angry at me and started insulting me (over the phone too!). What's the deal with the costs? Am I really gonna have to pay $23K+ for that car, or was the guy I talked to just trying to get me to pay more. $1,000 off doesn't seem to bad if the invoice is ~10% more than they pay for the cars like I heard... especially because I have to finance so they're gonna get a lot more of my money in the end anyway...

·
Registered
421 Posts
I say stick to your proposed 22K, and if he insulted you, then it's time to check out other dealers. He's just being a d*ck just like a manager at a dealership that started telling me it was the lowest they would go and that i wouldn't find a price like theirs. Even started going over how much they would make as a dealership... like a gave a f..k!!!

Decided to go another dealer and after no more than half hour, I got my Subie for 22K including t+t.

Again, keep looking man cuz it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Dealership sob stories are pathetic. It's hilarious the kind of crap they'll feed you in order to make you feel bad about talking a price down.

Point is, even if you think you've got a great deal on a car (which you may have), the dealership is still making a healthy chunk of money on it.

Just be persistent with it and find a salesperson/manager who's actually willing to talk business and get the price down. I got my new '04 last March for under $22k (not including tax/license) after some negotiating and checking with other dealerships.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok 04 vs 05 prices are a huge difference. And no there is not a 10% markup under invoice either. If you want someone who will take a younger buyer seriously for a wrx contact me. I'm either as young or younger then most of you wanting a WRX. Have sold many already without the usual screw the kid over where is your daddy to pay for this approach. 05 Crystal Grey Manual WRX Wagon invoice is 23,444. That's 100% truth, where I work we don't hide such things, heck we put them on our website why hide it? If we didn't make a profit we wouldn't be in business and you know we wouldnt' sell every car for a loss. Yes you sometimes literally sell a car for a loss depending on situations, repeat customer, service potential, etc. 2004 Wagon's are way cheap right now with rebates and with dealers wanting to move them. I'm showing 74 manual 05 wrx wagons in new england and 22 04 wrx manual wagons. Just for reference I've already sold a crystal grey wrx sedan (in auto though) and the dealership has been selling a ton of crystal grey wrx wagons and forester xt's in the color. We also have an 05 crystal grey sti in the showroom. If you guys ever want someone who won't b.s. you around and be honest just IM me or email me.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I mentioned this in another thread but there is a $1,250 rebate on the 2005 WRX (not STi)

I just sold one to a customer of mine here in Tucson, AZ..

It was a PSM 2005 WRX Wagon 5MT with the armrest option, compass mirror, & security upgrade.

M.S.R.P. with all the Xtras is $25,513

Invoice with all the options is $23,844

I sold it for $23,337 (below invoice) & with my AZ. state tax, plates & everything it came out to $25,308.81 with everything.

I think that is a great buy for a 2005. Each region might have different insentives but i don't think so.

jd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts