ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously new here and if this is a repost or anything sorry just link me to the previous thread but anyways i recently bought a 05 wrx. It already has a perrin cold air intake, bov, cobb heat shield, and an aftermarket exhaust. no sure on brand or type at the moment but i looked it up a little while back and it was $1200 new(ill post what it is when im home). Im looking to mod it further and I am currently saving for a cobb accessport. After that I want to eventually put either a 16g or 20g turbo and possibly a bigger tmic or go with a fmic. So im just wondering if i could get some recommendations on what mods will do me the most good for my money and if an accessport is a good start. This car is my daily driver so I need it to be reliable and safe so suspension, brake, etc mod recommendations are welcome. Also i want boost to kick at fairly low rpms

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Accessport is a good start.

When you start going to turbochargers over the factory VF turbos, COBB doesn't have MAPs for them. You would need to have it professionally tuned.

Really it just depends on how much you're trying to spend and what your goal is. The 20G isn't necessary for most peoples setups...16G - 18G is fine.

If you want some further advice (mind you, I have an 05 WRX), send me a PM and I can get you some good prices as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I guess money isn't a big issue because I want to keep the car reliable and I will be doing the mods over the course of the next year or two but I just want to build a car that makes a good daily driver but one that also has a good amount of power that will allow for a fun day driving back roads and I will probably even take it to the track some. I have no interest in drag racing though. So i guess I really just want a really fast 0-80 and a pretty good 80-40 on the braking end of things.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Does the car already have a tune on it? It needs to have one to support the BOV and if you have an aftermarket downpipe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not sure... i bought the car a couple months ago and just now started getting into it so i didn't ask about that when i got it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts