Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi been looking through the forums for a while now but finally made an account to see if anyone can help. had a little too much fun the other day messing around with a porsche on the highway pulling pretty hard. Stalled out on the highway and barely started back up, after that it's like the car had no power at all, crawling at 5 mph with pedal all the way down and continuously stalling. I know it's bad, anyone have an idea of what this could be? Was revving high around 6500 also

· Premium Member
11,374 Posts
Yeah.. the instant you heard that noise barely even start you should have immediately shut the engine off, coasted to the shoulder, and had the car trailered to a shop. Definitely sounds like a spun rod bearing to me. Either way, the engine will have to come out, but just the idle and revving you did in the video would be enough to destroy pretty much the entire rest of the engine.

· Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
30,453 Posts
Just on the 1% chance it's something viable (highly unlikely) pull the timing belt and see if it's the timing belt tensioner -- but it sounds to me like you run out of oil, luck, or both at some point and it's time to say goodbye. Only hatred lasts forever, engines don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.