ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friend - 04 EVO with 3" turbo back
Me - 05 STi Bone Stock

We were comming back from the drags (it rained all morning so no action) and decided to do a pull from 40mph. We went to Ruby Tuesdays to eat and shoot the bull. When we are leaving he asked about doing a pull on the HWY on the way home, sounded good to me.

There is a nice stretch of highway in the middle of no where (2 miles long or so) not another car in sight.

He honked to 3, we both hit it right at the same time, I instantly pull about 3/4 of a car (his nose right at my rear wheel), I shift to forth and pull another 1/4 car, The we stay dead even untill I shift to 5th (about 100), when I start to walk way slowly. Once we hit 120 I pulled harder. I ended up about 5 cars in front of him by 155mph when we shut it down.

I was very very happy! :D I though he would pull me in up top because of his exhaust but I thought wrong (glad to be wrong this time)... I have a feeling he will be getting EM and calling me very soon. :)

PS I guess torque wins races... :tongue:

Fess

·
Registered
782 Posts
WHAT"S UP this is Brandon. I got to ride in that wicked STI last night. And WOW you know how to drive that thing. We had some fun in the rain. I wished i could of came but ****ING Work screwed me over. Nice run though man. Hey my buddy will buy that wing off of you! I'll give you a call sometime and you can help me put those bushings in. later

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys, I should have been more clear. It rained all morning and the track was to wet to race on even though it stopped raining at noon. This run happened at 5pm. HELL no I wouldn't do 100 in the rain on these RE70's! 70 is even scary sometimes! :tongue:

Fess

·
Registered
439 Posts
yea if he gets EM and boost controller... then thats gonna be a good race....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts