Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So I picked up an EJ205 from a 2003 WRX on FB Marketplace and I needed a few parts before I swap it into my Forester (EJ253). My questions are:
Would there be issues with using the 253 ECU and/or bulkhead wiring harness with the 205?
Is a 2002 WRX ECU (ECU Sticker Label "V2") compatible with my 2003 WRX EJ205?
Does anyone know the part number for the bushings at the bottom of the stock TMIC?
Is a COBB AccessPort the best way to tune these engines? If so, what tuner is the way to go?

Thank you guys for checking out my post. I really appreciate your time! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For more context, I was wondering if the bulkhead wiring harness from my current ECU (stock 2005 Forester XS) would be usable with the 2002 WRX ECU, or if I need to buy a new bulkhead wiring harness. I have a seller lined up to pick up the ECU ('02 WRX), bulkhead wiring harness (from that ECU), and TMIC (w/ Y-pipe, w/o bracket bushings).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's some pictures of the EJ205:
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper
Wheel Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive design
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior
Temple Sculpture Art Personal protective equipment Snout

Do you guys see anything concerning or missing? I'm trying to order everything I need to now, so I can swap it in the next few weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts