ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place to be posting this but I recently bought an 05’ WRX and just joined the forum.

I just have a relatively simple question if anyone can help me. I’m trying to replace the battery cable harness which runs to the starter and all that due to a bad connection (car won’t start). I’m wondering if I need to buy an OE cable harness (is it unique in any way) or if it would be possible to just get a kit from AAP or somewhere. Also this should be a relatively simple job right? I don’t know how hard the starter is to get to. Thanks guys!

EDIT: here’s the link to the OE cables:81601FE030 - Battery Cable Harness - Genuine Subaru Part

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,992 Posts
Look under the intercooler on the driver's side of USA cars. If you cannot access the wire from above or below using contortions and profanity you'll have to remove the intercooler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ah haha okay thank you my friend I will look for that. I do believe my car is manufactured in Japan, would it be different in that case?

speaking of made in Japan, if that’s the case, does this mean I have AVCS for my EJ205? The engine code is EJ205BW7BB

sorry I know that’s off topic but I’m wondering if you know off the top of your head?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,992 Posts
Ah haha okay thank you my friend I will look for that. I do believe my car is manufactured in Japan, would it be different in that case?
No.

speaking of made in Japan, if that’s the case, does this mean I have AVCS for my EJ205?
2,0L AVCS was not available in the USA Impreza back then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts