Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to start, I recently changed the water pump. It unfortunately had to sit for around 2 weeks after the new pump was put on. Everything was closed up and covered so nothing could get in but it still sat. I then went back in reinstalled everything only to realize I messed up and didn't put the timing belt back on correctly. Noticed it after the first crank (only about a second to realize it so I doubt I did any damage) So I broke it all back down and reinstalled correctly. After everything was installed correctly and filled with fluid I attempted to start it... no start just kept cranking. So I went in and replaced battery, spark plugs and coil packs. I drained the fuel thinking maybe the fuel went bad. I then refilled it with fresh fuel checked the fuel filter, fuel pump and all lines... everything is good. I am absolutely lost as to what it can be. if anyone knows anything else to check please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Smashed valves and no compression. It only takes a second. Do a compression test first to rule that out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts