ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the rear door skins from a sedan would fit over the wagon’s rear doors. I have some quarter panel rust issues I’d like to fix and it seems like there are more sedans available compared to wagons....TIA Frank

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,502 Posts
The doors are different. The wagon has a narrow body and the sedan has flares that start at the door. Whether the door skins will interchange or not, they will not match the body.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The doors are different. The wagon has a narrow body and the sedan has flares that start at the door. Whether the door skins will interchange or not, they will not match the body.

Thanks for replying. I do know that the doors are different and so are the quarter panels but door skins are the outer door panels that most body shops request for when a door is repairable because it is cheaper to drill out the spot welds and remove the damaged outer panel and weld on the replacement repair door panel to fix the door. I was looking to fix my quarter panels but I can’t find any rust-free examples nearby. Most of what I’ve found are sedan quarter panels. My other alternative would be to buy a set of front fenders and cut the area to match the rusted portion of my quarter panels and then try to weld the repair patch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts