ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what the heck is going on around with people where I live. My last 2 meetings have been with "modded" S10's. Instead of telling the story the usual way, I am going to do things different.

S-10 Forum
08/02/04

thread: Waxed by WRX

posted by: 1fasts-10

So I was driving home from my buddies house when all of the sudden I see one of those WRX's coming up quickly in the rear view. I knew it was a WRX by the hoodscoop. I slow down on the 2 lane road, and drop it to second gear at about 20 and nail it. The WRX was just stuck to my bumper, and I couldn't shake him! I thought these cars were absolute turds from a roll! The road opened up to 2 lanes ahead with a red light. I of course took the right lane which ends in a 1/4 mile. I thought at that distance my top end would shut him down and I could swoop in to his lane. Before the light turned green I showed this guy that I meant business. I drifted back a length and dumped my clutch to practice my launch. A few seconds later the light turned green and that WRX left me like I was standing still. I gave up at about 50mph with him 10+ bus lenghts ahead. I made a turn into a neighborhood to hang my head in shame.......
S-10 Forum
08/02/04

posted by: splashkilla

Dude, there is no way a WRX could beat you that badly with your extensive bolt on mods. He had to be heavily modded. My sisters, boyfriends, step dad's imaginary friend just got a WRX, and I beat him all the time! Well yeah he did just learn to drive a stick, but still.
S-10 Forum
08/02/04

posted by: midnightvortec02

Did the WRX have the whale tale spoiler? I think what you encountered was an STI or a stage4 WRX.
S-10 Forum
08/02/04

posted by: 1fast-s10

I don't remember what the spoiler really looked like, it happened so fast. Yeah that WRX had to have some serious mods. Thanks guys I feel a whole lot better about my truck now.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
haha! nice!

his own fault for being uninformed i guess.

what mods are you running anyways (hoping for less to add insult to injury.)

maybe post on the forum and let him know you had fun and if you were modded...and that wrxs aint no joke!

nice kill!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gusto said:
haha! nice!

his own fault for being uninformed i guess.

what mods are you running anyways (hoping for less to add insult to injury.)

maybe post on the forum and let him know you had fun and if you were modded...and that wrxs aint no joke!

nice kill!

The things I have done are: silencer removal, k&n panel filter, mbc, and UDP. The results would have been close to the same completely stock.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Representing well... nice kill...You should post back that you have stage 6...500 whp. Then they could justify there existence. Nice kill...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
13secwrx said:
Representing well... nice kill...You should post back that you have stage 6...500 whp. Then they could justify there existence. Nice kill...

I hope you guys know that the "thread" was completely bogus. If the s10 guy did post, I gurantee that's how the thread would look. lol I did start a real one though to see what is running through these peoples minds.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1418648#post1418648

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gusto said:
doh! ass.

haha!

edit--so far those two replys to you are pretty cool kids.

i do think hes a little off though on "i can take you in the turns" ;)

haha

I'm sorry I thought this line would have tipped you guys off "My sisters, boyfriends, step dad's imaginary friend just got a WRX". Yeah I agree with you on the "i can take you in the turns" comment". I am going to leave it alone though.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
I want Ben to chime in here to offer insight as to what the mods could've been.

*goes to get ben*

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
ok well i post there and hear and after here i'll read 12982938 pages of that thread lol. A WRX should basically beat a v6 s10 99% of the time. There aren't many quick all motor s10's when compared to wrx's. The only s10's you'd get 0wn3d by are blown ones or v8 swaps. V8 swaps are all over 1st gens 2nd gens you'll find more blown v6's then v8 swaps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts