ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I'm about to purchase a stock 04 WRX with 72K Mi, and a stock stereo, for $12,800. One problem: the CD player does not load or eject. A different Subaru dealership told me a stock stereo would cost $600 to be replaced, ($500 parts & $100 labor). Bottom line is the original dealer will not budge on the list price.

Has anybody experienced a problem like this?

I NEED ADVICE, PLEASE!

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,217 Posts
$12,800 is expen$ive.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
$12,800 is expen$ive.
+1.

I know the miles are "lower" for that year, but I feel that price needs to come down. What's KBB, Edmunds, or NADA guide say about what its worth?

I personally wouldn't care about the radio anyway because the stock one sucks, period. You can replace it with a good aftermarket unit for under $200, which will improve the sound quality anyway, and especially if you install yourself (easiest goddamn install there is to do on these cars besides an aftermarket dead pedal :) ) This will also give you the ability to have an Ipod hookup and control depending on the head unit, which I feel is essential in this day and age anyway...

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,217 Posts
Yes the radio is not a big issue, aftermarket is better and cheaper.

The price is an issue though. The dealer must really like that car. Rather than risk hurting their feelings and paying them $12,800 to part with it, I'd be tempted to let them keep it.

You could leave them your card and ask them to call if anything changes...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have that problem right now. My cd player went out about a month ago, i was hoping that when the weather got warmer it might not have this problem anymore, but that was not the case. i don't know of any easy fix, other than just replacing. So now i'm in the market for a new Cd player... good luck redjester

·
Registered
172 Posts
i think with the car year and mileage your over spending by thousands...and a stock radio should take no more than five to ten minutes....no way could they charge 100 in labor.....maybe if they had to make the radio from scratch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts