Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 Subaru WRX has been revving up and down by itself when it warms up but when I just start it before it warms up it idles high I replaced my maf sensor, intake air sensor, map sensor and hasn’t changed a thing please help me. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My 2004 Subaru WRX has been revving up and down by itself when it warms up but when I just start it before it warms up it idles high I replaced my maf sensor, intake air sensor, map sensor and hasn’t changed a thing please help me. Thanks
Also it stalls when I plug the maf sensor in.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,724 Posts
If it stalls with valid input from a working MAF sensor it cannot adjust fueling.

What mods have been done?

Have you cleaned the IACV?

Which way does the MAF harness face?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure as far as mods go I just bought the car, I just bought a brand new maf sensor and it still does the same thing and the harness faces towards the back

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure as far as mods go I just bought the car, I just bought a brand new maf sensor and it still does the same thing and the harness faces towards the back
It has a Cobb accessport stage 1 tuned atm and it has a jdm ej205 motor in it has a cold air intake but that’s all I know

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it stalls with valid input from a working MAF sensor it cannot adjust fueling.

·
19,724 Posts
The MAF is installed backwards. The harness should face the nose of the car.

That is a problem, so definitely fix that. There could be others though.

See if the car now runs -- but we are still left with a list of potential modifications that we'd need to know about to help best.

Post back when you have results from the MAF correction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

See if the car now runs -- but we are still left with a list of potential modifications that we'd need to know about to help best.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

If so then the cold air intake is backwards ? It looks like it’s right to me maybe I was thinking differently then you were saying do you mean the wires facing the front or the plug facing the front of the car ? I tried flipping the maf sensor around and it doesn’t line up with the holes so I’m not sure what you mean by that

·
19,724 Posts
The wires must face forward.

In the daytime, make a list of the mods. The intake isn’t authentic Subaru. There may be other issues too — can’t tell with that photo though.

A clear pic of the engine would help get responses.

I’m guessing the car isn’t mapped for the mods.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

In the daytime, make a list of the mods. The intake isn’t authentic Subaru. There may be other issues too — can’t tell with that photo though.

Okay so yeah the sensor is in right but I’ll post a pic in the morning of the engine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

How would I map my car for the mods it has ?

·
19,724 Posts
You'd find out what those mods are -- in addition to the intake -- and either hire someone, DIY, or buy a device that supports those mods specifically with a map (like an AP).

I suspect the car had more mods that were removed for sale.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts