ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
This is my first post on here and also my first subaru.I have always had and built 240sx's. I was never interested in them until I saw an ad for one and went to test drive it for fun. Well I fell in love with it instantly.
The only problem is I have only had the car for 3 weeks and the engine took a dump on me(rod bearing failure). I don't know how it happen but it did and I need it fixed ASAP!
The problem is I don't have 3 grand for a new motor, but I found a older sti motor for less and wonder if it will work...

So this is my question, will a 98 sti motor bolt up to my 04 wrx body and transmission.

I know nothing about subarus and don't have time to research so please be nice.
Thanks,
Sal

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,209 Posts
If you can find a 98 odds are you can find an 04, and this will be easier and maybe even cheaper. Find the root cause of the failure too and correct that though so history doesn't repeat itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just seeing if it was an option, guess I need to find a wrecked wrx... Going to have to get a beater car in the meantime...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh really... How many miles and what all would be included? I'm in va so how much for shipping too?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts