Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't know if this has been covered, but i read somewhere that the '04 rear wagon sway bar is 20 mm now, same as the sedan. instead of 18 mm like in the '02/03

can someone confirm or dispell this please?

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Dispell and it's actually 17mm. The sedan also went to this rear bar in 03. Evidently too many "events" w/ the 20mm bar, some people found out too late what throttle lift over steer is all about.

Big Sky

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
danx for the quick response

do ya know if the 02 wagon sway bars, f/r will fit on the '04?

if so, i guess i can sell my front to an '04 owner then, ;)

and maybe sell the rear to '03 an impreza L owner, hehe

·
Registered
169 Posts
The 04 wagon has the same size(17mm) sway as the 02/03 wagon. I think your stuck w/ your stockers unless someone who likes 17mm sways damages one. 02/early 03 Sedan owners w/20mm rear bars sold theirs to wagon owners who want a little stiffer in rear. 3mm is a pretty good amount actually.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You can sell 17mm rear bars to older impreza owners. I beleve the front bar is still 20mm but the rear bars on all 04 wrxs are 17mm. Oh and yes a 20mm bar from a 02 wrx will fit a 04.

·
Registered
189 Posts
endlinks?

So '04 owners get heftier mounts, but do they get heftier endlinks too? I looked under the car, and the enlink is pretty thick, but I don't know what the '02/'03 endlinks look like. It would be nice, since those almost double the price of getting a rsb.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I couldn't really tell by looking. It was black, but most stuff under the car is. I'll try to get a hand on it and see how cold it is, hopefully that'll help me tell.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
The 04 GDA/GGA get the same sway links (platic C's), only the STi v8 gets the pillow ball setup- also a different rear lateral lnik and sway bar to make it all work together. The sway mounts are the same however.

Big Sky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts