ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i went to this used car lot and found a silver 04 sti with 75k miles on i got the guy down to 16,500$. The cars report is clean im goin to have a mechanic to look at it n see if its clean. The only think i am worried about is that i heard that the turbo usually goes around this mileage. PLEZ HELP! Thanks

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,206 Posts
Γειά σου Τάσο,

The rumour you heard is not true generally. Please look at the threads at the top of the forum for more info and lots of tips on what exactly to look for:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-purchasing-forum/showthread.php?t=105049

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-purchasing-forum/97944-purchasing-tips.html

Basically you want a stock car with a full service history using authentic parts, ideally with warranty still effective (this may not be feasible due to age though). The farther you go from that ideal, the more likely in my view it is to have additional expenses.

Having a mechanic look at the car is an excellent idea!

Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Ευχαριστω!! I am going with the mechanic tomorrow to check if the car is clean and hopefully ill buy it!

·
29,206 Posts
Good luck. Take your time shopping, be very critical, and think long-term (you don't want future problems so the car's history is crucial). The more modified a car is the more I'd personally shy away. Also, I don't know your location, but if your area requires a smog check make sure the car has it already and that the car is street legal with emissions equipment intact (the details will be area-specific).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok Ill have that in mind and yea i know i will take my time i dont problems. The guy also told me it has existing warranty so that kinda made me think that the car wasn't modified.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
What are these funny words you guys are using?

It's like Greek to me!
:p

·
29,206 Posts
It's like Greek to me!
:p
That's funny! We actually say something similar when we don't understand something, but for us it's "that's Chinese" as in αυτά είναι Κινέζικα.

I wonder what the Chinese say?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts