ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new motor put in my 04 sti 700 miles ago from my warrenty company and i seem to have a prob already. i was driving through town and came to a stop and my car started idleing unsteady and low then shut off. it wouldnt start back up so we had to push it off the road. Got it to start and was dieing out just tapping the gas. drove it home 10 miles and seemed to get worse so i shut it off and got the engine codes that it threw:
po171
po303
po304

i knew it obviously had a misfire so the codes didnt really help. im going to start on it tomorrow after work and i just got the car 4 months ago so i have no idea about theese cars and was just looking to see if anyone has had this problem before! had nothing but problems with this thing since ive had it with 65,000 to 68,000 and a motor with 700 miles replaced by my warrenty company! im very upset and dont have the money for a garage to fix it!

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
You also need to post if the car has any mods. Since the engine was replaced under warranty, I'll assume the answer is no?

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
You also need to post if the car has any mods. Since the engine was replaced under warranty, I'll assume the answer is no?
^this

Sounds like a terrible vacuum leak. Could be a hose clamp some where that lost its grab. Im still new to flat 4s, but are cylinders 3 and 4 on the same bank? My guess is no?

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
^this

Sounds like a terrible vacuum leak. Could be a hose clamp some where that lost its grab. Im still new to flat 4s, but are cylinders 3 and 4 on the same bank? My guess is no?
Vaccuum leak is my guess as well.

3 and 4 are on opposite sides.

-----Front-----
#2----------#1
#4----------#3

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im going to go along with these guys and say some sort of vacuum leak. The 171 code means its running lean. I would check the hoses especially the ones on the intercooler since they will give a major leak if they come off and will cause the car to stall out. I had a couple cars now blow the hose off the turbo that goes to the intercooler and since it can be a pain to get to the clamp may have been left loose during the engine replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts