850cc Injectors
Walbro Fuel pump
3in Inlet-
Perrin short ram intake
Perrin FMIC

TBE Exhaust
Turbosmart EBC
ATP gt3076 Externaly gated stock location

External waste(Turbosmart) gate w Dump tube - Going to route dump tube back into Exhaust system. Too loud...

Future Mods

Meth Injection
Headers

Just got the car running and after the 500 mile break in. It's barely over 300awhp on 91 octane gas.

It has been having some issues with the ewg so that was replaced (no charge) The tune that is currently on the car is setup to only boost up to about 17psi. Does that sound correct? Given it is the middle of the summer and its 110 out.

I Really think that this setup could produce more WHP then that??

I would also like to install some Guages A/F, Temp, so i can learn to manage my own system. Anyones input on this would be great?

I was also told that in the winter i could get it retuned and maybe run around 20psi... you mean like 24 psi?

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Seems a little low as most "stage 2 " STI's can put down anywhere from 300-330awhp. Ask your tuner what most STI's with s TBE put down after a tune on their dyno. Your not going to get 24psi on 91pump gas alone. Maybe try some meth injection.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this should put out way more power then a stage 2. i think meth would help me out alot but i should still be running better then 17psi.

he said in winter he will tune it to run around 21 so it seems like hes holding my car back... why?

im located in phx az so 2,000ft ?

i guess i was under the impression this turbo could make 400awhp easy... :screwy:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im thinkin about gettin an A/F gauge so i can see what is going on..

have any of you ever turned your own car?

·
Registered
125 Posts
he doing a break in tune maybe? I dont plan on beating on my motor until 3000 miles or so. Will start gradually building boost at 500 though

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
this should put out way more power then a stage 2. i think meth would help me out alot but i should still be running better then 17psi.

he said in winter he will tune it to run around 21 so it seems like hes holding my car back... why?
Ask your tuner why. We can't see the ROM from your car so without knowing what the timing maps and such look like it's hard to tell.

i guess i was under the impression this turbo could make 400awhp easy... :screwy:
It can under the right circumstances. My guess is the 91 octane fuel is holding you back and your tuner is being conservative. I don't think you quite understand how limiting 91 octane is with the ambient temps where you are at.

·
Premium Member
20,326 Posts
110 degrees with only 91 octane... On 500 mile old motor tells me that your tuner is gradually stepping you up.. However you wont see huge numbers like that because of the 91 octane in the summer heat.

·
Boost > NA
357 Posts
Neither would be a full time tune. My guess is with these guys, once you get some more break in miles and the weather cools down, even your pump 91 map should put down some better numbers. At least better than where you are at now.

You could make meth your full time tune but I wouldn't suggest it. That is just my opinion, as I went over this issue with my tuner. Jeremy was on a EJ20 20G w/ meth setup, but he said it is hard enough keeping your injection equipment consistent and running a map when your flow is interrupted in bad news.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wait until you hit 2,000 - 3,000 miles buddy. My builder was saying how some guy tore off and started boosting 30PSI after getting a fully built block, blew the whole thing up in a matter of days, of course he got a new one like it was no big deal :screwy:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been taking some data logs that i would like to get some feedback on. Is there anyway i can post them and have anyone review them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts