Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
04 STI front bumper splitters on a stock 04 WRX

I need help!! Has anyone installed these on a stock wrx front bumper. I could have sworn I seen a picture of a silver 04' with them installed on here before but couldn't find the pics anymore. There also was a thread on this before but no definitive answer on the subject of how to install them or if they will even work with the stock bumper. I already purchased them and I really need the help on how to do this and pics of anyone's rex that has done this would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced for the help

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
***UPDATE***

I just stopped at the Subie Dealer around my way and got a close look at the front bumper of an STI. They had two of them in the showroom. It looks like it just clips on and the bracket bolts on underneath the bumper.

The sales people at the dealership probably thought I was stealing the splitters or bumpers off of their STI's:D . I was crawling under both of the car's bumpers and everytime they asked me if I needed help, I just said NO, I'm fine:D . They were watching me for about 5 minutes in amazement. A customer actually thought I was a mechanic, she asked me why I was fixing the cars in the showroom. I'm surprised the someone didn't come up to me and ask me to leave, they had a lot of customers in there! Was funny looking though. (And I still never gave the sales persons an explanation to my visit either or why I was under their cars:p )

If anyone has pics though, I would love to see them. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes they fit, I've seen a couple pics over on nasioc with them. all sedans. I believe they will fit a wagon too. there is some cutting of stock bumper involved I believe, though some have used double sided tape instead---- can't remember where I saw the thread...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts