ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few months ago I purchased a 04 STi and have been upgrading a little here and there. As of right now my engine mod list is as follows.

Cobb AP, Cobb SRI, CNT catted DP, CNT exhaust, Grimmspeed 38 EWG, Grimmspeed BS, Grimmspeed PnP exhaust manifold and high flow cross section, APS BOV, TGV deletes, ACT HD clutch.

Its getting protuned by IAG sometime in the future, still waiting to get my date.

Well lately I have been looking at turbos and was wondering what everyone's thought were on the Tomioka TD06-20g 3 in inlet turbos? Also what would be a good sized injector, 740cc?

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
You really should also consider better intercooling.

I'm not sure on the injectors because it really depends on the tune and the duty cycle you may be at. You may want to consider larger just in case.

I can hook you up on a good price for a Front Mount or a Large Top Mount.

Are you planning on building the motor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was definitely planning on going with a bigger TMIC. I have been looking at the spearco and have heard that they are well worth the money. And as for a engine build that won't happen for at least a year unless something bad happens (knock on wood).

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
So what are you using for a tune right now to support all those mods?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
That map is not at all designed to handle those mods. If you value your engine, you need to get a custom tune on the car NOW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The PnP headers and EWG aren't on yet, IAG is sending me a limp map soon and like I said I am just waiting for my tune date. I was originally set for mid November then they pushed everyone back a month so now I'm waiting til December

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Do you have the BOV on the car? And you already have the BCS on the car? Either one of those is dangerous to run with the Cobb OTS map. You need to get tuned for those too. I'd either take those things off and replace them with stock parts or I wouldn't drive the car until you get a tune.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
the BOV he has is fine on any tune. (it's a 50/50.... but it's got such a strong spring that unless he's got a large amount of boost... he's recirculating almost all of the air)

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Well that's the real question here is how much boost is he running? He mentioned a Grimmspeed BS so who knows how much boost he's at...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The ewg, bs, and headers aren't on yet. Once the headers come in everything is going on the car. I am just going to run the 1 bar spring in the eg. As for the BS a friend of mine knows how to hook it up without damaging the car until it gets tuned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts