ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 wagon and was wondering if anyone of you guys know of a window mod for express up? I had an 01 Maxima where the driver’s side window had both express down and express up features....

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,676 Posts
Search.

Coincidentally, the window switches in your car are made by Nissan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coincidentally, the window switches in your car are made by Nissan.
I guess I need to see if the Subaru main window switch is similar to my Maxima’s and maybe swap the two......

·
28,676 Posts
Look on Scoobymods and see if they still exist and if so, whether they have a thread about this. Every 5 years or so someone asks so it’s possible they do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was comparing the main window switches of my 01 Maxima to my 04 WRX and they are identical. The only difference is that when you pull up on the Maxima switch it has a click whereas the Subie‘s doesn’t. I plan to pull the switches and see if the plugs are the same and try to swap them out.

·
28,676 Posts
That sounds like a rational plan. The Nissan may have a really downstream of the passenger switch but you’ll find out. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after pulling and switching out both window master switches, the Maxima unit will physically plug in but it will not work any of the windows or door locks. I may try and do surgery on my Subie unit and swap just the driver window switch only to see if that's going to work...

·
28,676 Posts
Rather than surgery can you extend the wiring without causing any shorts for testing only?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rather than surgery can you extend the wiring without causing any shorts for testing only?
Possibly...or maybe try jumper wires on the Maxima unit and run them parallel to the Subie's switch.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts