ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has been wanting to race me ever since I started modding my car. So on the way to indiana we decided to run from a roll. This whole time im thinking to myself im going to lose from a roll, but hey what the hell.

First run from 60mph - 100mph

I win put about half a car on him.

Now im suprised and hes a little pissed. So we go agian.

2nd run from 40mph- 85mph

I win once agian putting a half a car on him in 2nd, and slowly pulling on him in third.

My mods are. HKS Hi-power CB, Perrin DP, TXS UP, and Cobb AP. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice runs, the M3 should have beat you but it didn't and I am down with that, since I own a WRX and not a M3.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I totaly agree it should have beat me. But I might have a factory freak :) The other driver attended Driving school so he knows how to drive his car pretty damn well. Maybe the outcome would have been diffrent after 110mph?

I will get some video footage for you some time soon

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
umm.. I really dont see how thats possible. maybe an e36... but definatly not a e46, cause it has really great high end.

6 speed + 333 hp = no match for a stg II rex.

*shrug* maybe there is something im missing out on... or something. but it doesnt seem too possible, even an STi would have a really hard time keeping up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO it was a coupe, and I will get video as soon as posible.... But then agian I ran a 13.7 at 98mph with just TBE

·
Registered
172 Posts
GIDDYupREX said:
Nice runs, the M3 should have beat you but it didn't and I am down with that, since I own a WRX and not a M3.

Amen bro !

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree with you blitz about the E46, but hey anything is possible on the road. As far as the E36, S 2000, and 350z I edged out all 3 when i was stage 2 with the 350 z being the closest result (all of these races were from a 1st gear roll to 100).

·
Registered
150 Posts
"Who dares cross my bridge?" :D

Also black snake what type of tranny did the 46 have? I raced an SMG 46 with cat back, filter a while ago b4 my tune and it wasn't pretty :( .

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
BLITZ's M said:
I call a huge BS!!

You guy's can flame me all you want, but some of the stories on these forums are too funny. Your stage 2 has no chance with an E46 M3 from a roll. Your ET has no bearing when it comes to a roll on, your trap speed is what you need to look at, and your 98 MPH trap is not even close. What are you putting down with your stage 2 215, 220?? Not gonna happen bro.

You're not even a match for my E36 M form a roll. It's just too funny to hear some of you with these stories. Youre stock WRX's don't even put 200 to the wheels, yet you're walking E46, E36 M3's, s2000's, 350z's etc... too funny:rolleyes:
just the other day i posted about taking an e36 m3 from 75 till around 115-120 on the freeway...this is with dp/up/cb and mbc which at the time was only at 14psi (i usually boost 16 at track or for any planned races)..this is without a reflash...and 2nd of all...cobb stage 2 wrx does not trap at 98 mph...it traps around 102......also the 350z thing..u dont believe me just ask my buddy...he has a 350z...just with downpipe cai and mbc i was nose 2 nose with him..nobody was ahead..i even got that one on video....now i have catback up/dp and mbc (got rid of cai)..stage 2 wrx against stock 350z would take it off a roll...unless cobb stage 2 is overhyped.....

how come all these m3 drivers are so cocky?? i dont get it..your cars not a monster..its beatable....just go ask 13secwrx..i love his m3 kill stories...also his m5 kill stories....

btw..not all m3 drivers are cocky i guess..the guy i raced on freeway was very cool..gave me a thumbs up and wanted to go talk but i needed too leave

·
Registered
244 Posts
Blitz,
Troll or not, I will take you on and you will not be happy

A cobb stage 2 can easily put 275-290 to the wheels if tuned right.

I currently am putting 300 to the wheels, and I am lighter than a stock WRX, i eat new m3's for breakfast, lunch and dinner.....

It is VERY possible that he did what he says, but none the less, if you dont like what you read, go back to your BMW forum and tell tales about how you guys beat fararri's and porsche's

I am sure you wont get any slack there......

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
skullguy said:
Blitz,
Troll or not, I will take you on and you will not be happy

A cobb stage 2 can easily put 275-290 to the wheels if tuned right.

I currently am putting 300 to the wheels, and I am lighter than a stock WRX, i eat new m3's for breakfast, lunch and dinner.....

It is VERY possible that he did what he says, but none the less, if you dont like what you read, go back to your BMW forum and tell tales about how you guys beat fararri's and porsche's

I am sure you wont get any slack there......
turbo upgrade?? (if so your no longer stage 2)

·
Registered
627 Posts
The M# guys hate on us because they realize that they are limited with their N/A engines. they hate the idea of a car half their price whoopin on them, but that's the beauty of turbo baby! M# have to pay an arm/leg just to get a supercharger kit (ie. Dinan) where we can just get a few cheap mods and kick some M# a^%! Look M# dudes, If it makes your ego feel any better, We get are a$%es kicked by SRT4's that cost much less than a wrx. It's all for fun anyways right! :p :wiggles:

·
6,298 Posts
amukaoen said:
umm.. I really dont see how thats possible. maybe an e36... but definatly not a e46, cause it has really great high end.

6 speed + 333 hp = no match for a stg II rex.

*shrug* maybe there is something im missing out on... or something. but it doesnt seem too possible, even an STi would have a really hard time keeping up.
Good kill first of all. Anything is possible and I for one believe you as I wasn't there and why would anyone lie on a forum? Posers and losers do that, and I suspect you won't fall into that category.

As for an STi keeping up, at the rolling speeds the original poster talks about, the STi will not only keep up, it will beat an e46. Sorry, but our gearing helps out better at those speeds, and those 18's on the M3 certainly don't help it. Hell the power to weight ratio is only 3 tenths better in the M3, and the STi has more torque. We'll jump out to at least a half car length and keep it till around 115 or so. Been there/done that...stock.

Again, good kills!

·
Registered
664 Posts
tough to say whether its bs... i creamed a 315hp Mshoe from a stop, and stayed ahead from 60-90. i couldnt explain my win... maybe some of these m3's arent making the power they should be... factory duds instead of factory freaks... they are weak on torque too...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL Blitz you can doubt me all you want, I raced my friend he could even come on the forums and post the same exact story for you. Even better ill make him call you and tell you over the phone.

I hate being called a lier cause i never lie. Whats the point about lieing about beating someone in a race? I loose to 10 second cars at the dragstrip all day long, I dont cry about it. I also post kills that are worth Posting.

So Blitz if you are gona doubt me or any other "unlikely" kills do it somewhere else. If you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all.

That is all. :wiggles:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts