ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 wagon with an aftermarket downpipe and cat back but i need to return it to stock to sell it. i found an 04 axle back on ebay for cheap $ but i need to know if the 04 axle back would bolt up to the stock downpipe of my 02 wagon?

·
Registered
783 Posts
i found an 04 axle back on ebay for cheap $ but i need to know if the 04 axle back would bolt up to the stock downpipe of my 02 wagon
An 04 axleback wont mate up to the downpipe, but an 04 catback will mate up to the stock downpipe. The exhausts for 02+ Wrx's are interchangeable, meaning they will fit all model years. The axleback is the portion that mates up to the midpipe which hooks up to your downpipe. The combo of the midpipe and axleback are the FULL catback.

BTW, what exhaust do you have now? I have a stock 04 turboback I'd consider trading :cool: lol

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
currently sitting in my garage i have a stock 02 down pipe and mid pipe (full length) but no axle back, if i get this 04 axle back can i put my stock full length down pipe on and hook it up to this 04 axle back....my car is also the wagon

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yeah man, as long as you have the downpipe and midpipe the '04 axleback will mate up just fine :D Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts