ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the mbc sitting in my closet waiting for the bov to show up sometime this week. ive been checking numerous threads on many websites lately about the mbc. ive heard alot of differnt opinions and ive read some scary ones where people say i can really mess things up.. what my plan is to slap the mbc on with the bov
setting the mbc to 14.2-14.5 psi just so i can have higher psi in 1st-2nd gear.. how safe/bad of an idea is this?
I have a txs high perf mbc and getting a worx tuning bov

any input is greatly appreciated as im havin a debacle here..

thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
Do you have an up-pipe and turbo-back exhaust? Putting an MBC on a vehicle with a stock exhaust might not be good, I think you should at least have a catless up-pipe. Anyway, I had an MBC installed with my fully catless exhaust, I'd let it max just over 15psi and I never had a problem on 93 octane.

If you're on the stock exhaust then that's another story I guess.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am completely bone stock 04 right now. my bov is a 50/50 or 100% atmos. its a worx tuning 1.2.. after all ive been hearing lately im thinking of just reselling this mbc .. me scared

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pulled this from nasioc

"but putting one on an 04 is not suggested due to the slow transition from closed to open loop fueling. the mbc's very quick response will make detonation almost certain"

so is there a way to fix this slow transition? or am i out of luck when it comes to the mbc.. not a huge loss i guess i only paid 55$

·
Registered
926 Posts

Resell the MBC, get the catless up-pipe/turboback before raising your boost. Raising the boost with the pre-cat in the factory up-pipe could cause some nice melting effects aka not good. Then get some form of engine management when you want to raise the boost like accessECU or UTEC. They have programming setup to help the transiiton from open/closed loop fueling. :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have been scolded one too many times about installing a mbc on my stock rex... They all said to get engine management first. Problems could surface. :confused: I'm not a great mechanic but hey... install it and let us know:)

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe

thanks all for your input. I have decided to hold off on using the MBC. so ill either resell it or just let it sit for (thinks) i guess ill just resell it. if any1 is lookin pm me ill make a thread later..

G'day mates

1 - 11 of 11 Posts