Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been an interesting issue for the last few months. I had the clutch/flywheel replaced last November, along with the IACV. It drove fine for a few months, clutch was/is more stiff and operates fine. It does make a small squeaking noise when I press in the clutch... but that's not my main issue. It's regularly serviced and fluids are all fine, the temp gauge is normal as well.

When I drive the car for more than 20-30 minutes, and during stop/go traffic especially... my idle will be around 1100-2400. While sitting at a stop light or sign, and basically any time I put it in neutral. I at times will rev it up (super lame to have to do in public, my car is sonic yellow and screams for attention already) a bit and the idle will settle down to 600, but only sometimes. When the engine is hot, it won't raise in temp... but the idle will stay high until it cools down again.

I'll be taking it to the shop next week, but in the meantime... any clarity would help. I've heard/read about the cruise-control cable sticking, possibly the IACV is faulty, or somehow my car just hates me? All of the above is what I want to assume.

Any help is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, this last week during 4th of July traffic, it got up to 2900, and I just had to park it for a few hours and let it cool down so I could drive it home. Of course going one way for 15-minutes, it had no issues until I got to the house. The idle was around 1000 when in neutral once I got home.

·
Registered
44 Posts
my guess would be a leaky hose or vacuum hose. Check turbo/boost controller hose connections, clean MAF sensor, intake filter... I dunno, sounds like something gets hot, expands and fooks with your air fuel input. Good luck man

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my guess would be a leaky hose or vacuum hose. Check turbo/boost controller hose connections, clean MAF sensor, intake filter... I dunno, sounds like something gets hot, expands and fooks with your air fuel input. Good luck man
Thanks for the tips, I've got a couple of those on my list already to check out, but the hose connections/intake is something I haven't checked. I do have a SPT intake, if that even matters at all...? Again, thanks for the leads, I'll follow up with that asap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts