ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everyone!

I have a 2003 WRX, loved it forever! I have a 178k miles on it and I'm currently going through a complete overhaul basically.

Heres a list of what I'm doing:

Replaced both front axels, and pinion steering boot (completed)
Replacing seals on transmission to stop leaks (being done today)
Replacing turbo with TD05-20G (turbo seemed alright, but I figured F* it might as well)
Replacing stock injectors with 650cc Dreatchwerks
Replacing stock fuel pump with walbaro 255
Replacing Valve Cover Gaskets - valve covers had oil seep so def doing it. *(Headgasket is fine, not blown)*

List of mods after all said and done:
DC 3" Turbo Back
Manual Boost controller
Perrin Turbo Inlet Pipe, and supporting TMIC perrin silicone pipes
Perrin Silicone Coolant Pipes
650cc DW Injectors
255 Walbaro Fuel Pump
TD05-20g Turbo

After all this work is done I will have it tuned, flashed, and mapped at 15psi (very conservative) to be easy on my engine and turbo.

My question to the community:
What problems can you forsee with this set up?
Will I harm my engine?
I think a 15psi tune is very conservative and with the research I've done I think this will make the car run really well.

PLEASE LEAVE ME ADVICE!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S Clutch works fine - Trans works fine - Engine has no knocks or kinks - always ran great and strong - even where it was before i started doing all this work.

I hit a deer and had the car fixed, and then decided it was time to start doing a retune/rebuild

Car looks and ran like it had 40,000 Mi on it. could never tell it was over 100k

Had timing belt replaced at 100k - def gonna do it again soon.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
P.S Clutch works fine - Trans works fine - Engine has no knocks or kinks - always ran great and strong - even where it was before i started doing all this work.

I hit a deer and had the car fixed, and then decided it was time to start doing a retune/rebuild

Car looks and ran like it had 40,000 Mi on it. could never tell it was over 100k

Had timing belt replaced at 100k - def gonna do it again soon.
Stepping up power that much from a TD04 to a 20G will be a major difference in power and your factory clutch always being "strong" is good for your factory car that it was designed for. I would HIGHLY suggest getting a stronger clutch.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
What are your compression/leakdown results?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts