Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever i let off the gas, or push back on it, in lower gears (it happens in higher gears too but not nearly as noticable) my car jerks. if i let off or push the gas in VERY easilly it does not do this. if i quickly let off the gas or press on it on the other hand, it just "bucks" pretty hard. any ideas? i was told to clean the throttle body and check the motor mounts for stiffness.

·
Good news, everyone!
2,013 Posts
It's more than likely a mount and busing problem. Think, your car is now 8 years old and probably has quite a few miles on it with quite a few seasons. Rubber tends to soften and deteriorate and so drivetrain slop gets worse over time. When you have sudden torque or a sudden lack of torque the energy has to go somewhere, and when the mounts and bushings aren't able to absorb or dissapate that energy, you get lurching througout the drive train, which is absorbed by the rest of the car, hense the jerking.

That's not to say it couldn't be something else, of course.

·
Registered
611 Posts
This has been happening to me, too, and getting worse. Pick up unabomber's sexy rearend on TIC. It's $95, and will take care of this to a major degree. The only other mounts, AFAIK, are engine and tranny mounts (which would both help this, certainly), and then the other bushings you can do are in the shifter (won't help this problem, but are probably worth it).

Sometime before I end up going for the bushings (I'm a little short on cash right now), I'm thinking of taking a video of my rear diff as I drive around, just to see how bad it is. I know it's pretty bad at this point, because occasionally on an easy start, the car will just wobble back and forth with little power until it settles down.

·
Registered
542 Posts
This happened to me once. I found one of the pitch stop bolts had become loose. Check that and report back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.