Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a wrx a little bit ago and it ran fine when I checked it out. It’s an 03, has a catless downpipe, 3 inch exhaust, and typhoon intake. Previous owner said it was tuned at one point. Obviously I couldn’t trust that and have not been driving it hard in fear of running lean, However, I notice a slight surge/hesitation around 5k rpms, so I pulled the maf sensor, cleaned it and put it back on. Now, it runs awful. If you slowly get into it you can rev it out, but if you get on it, it will feel like you hit a wall around 5k, and boost will be around 6 psi. Could my maf sensor be bad? If not, what could it be? Maybe a boost leak? Is there any way to figure out if the maf is bad before buying another one?

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
Do yourself a massive favor:

Buy a Tactrix OP2.0 and a stock airbox

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zax, I bought an oem airbox yesterday from a friend of mine who went to a Cobb. Going to install it in the morning. Would it be fine to drive it or should I wait until I get it tuned?

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
You'll be OK once you put the OEM airbox back on the car.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zax, I threw on the oem airbox along with a different maf sensor. (Was on the oem airbox anyways). Started it up and CEL came on. Runs awesome now. Pulled the codes and it was for maf and iat sensor. Cleared them because I figured they came on because of the different airbox and maf. Will see if they come back on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts