Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the car above and it has the stock inner cooler, the turbo, it’s on coil overs, Cobb exhaust, Cobb V2 tuner, and runs 17 PSI of boost. I’m still new to the whole Subaru car thing, so I was wondering what mods would be best to put in the car to increase Horsepower. Also what’s best RPM for launch control?

·
Super Moderator
11,457 Posts
So I have the car above and it has the stock inner cooler, the turbo, it’s on coil overs, Cobb exhaust, Cobb V2 tuner, and runs 17 PSI of boost. I’m still new to the whole Subaru car thing, so I was wondering what mods would be best to put in the car to increase Horsepower. Also what’s best RPM for launch control?
Launch control is awesome at any rpm if you want to detonate the transmission.

Increase hp for what. We can list all sorts of arbitrary modifications that will get you more power but that doesn’t mean you’ll see any benefit for your use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking to drag race, I was told not to dump the clutch but to slip it and I will be fine. I had my launch set at 4000 but it seems to not get up and go as it should. I’m pushing 285 HP to the wheels and I know as soon as I hit 360 hp+ I need to upgrade the trans.

·
Super Moderator
11,457 Posts
Yeah that’s in ideal situations by professional drivers.

I’d venture you are losing time by slipping the clutch trying to save the transmission, have less than ideal shifts, and a small combination of issues that are holding you back.

What are you actually running?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Time wise I’m running a 16 flat. But when I slip the clutch at 4000 it seems to pick up than drop down to 1000 and than talk off. Kinda like the car is resetting its self. So in that case I lose all boost. My reaction time is at a .2 though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts