ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone just wondering IF i just bought a downpipe and did not tune it would i have idle/drivability issues. or could i just slap the dp on and be on my way.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,472 Posts
If your car is a US model you are unlikely to need a tune. You will need to deal with the CEL. Search CEL fix for down pipe.

·
Æternum
20,953 Posts
There is very little benefit to installing an aftermarket downpipe without a tune. It is unlikely that you will notice any improvement.

While SD is correct, the 2002-2003 WRX seems capable of supporting a TBE with no tune and few detrimental effects. However, a downpipe is a performance part and the car should be tuned accordingly. Any part that changes the airflow and/or fuel dynamics of a motor should be tuned to extract the full potential of that part.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
There is very little benefit to installing an aftermarket downpipe without a tune. It is unlikely that you will notice any improvement.

^this

The point of an aftermarket downpipe is to be able to tune more aggressively.. that's where the power comes from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts