Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well basically I just bought my WRX yesterday. As of today I had my first race, and a notch in my kill wall. I posted earlier on this same issue worried about my brother in law's driving skills vs. the power of all wheel drive.

Since yesterday my brother in law had been talking all sorts of crap about whooping me in my new car. So of course I take him up on the offer today. We decide to get some movies to watch in a small town near me called Herkimer. We also decided to take two cars :p. We get on the the short highway section heading toward Herkimer, I put my hand out the window and showed 40 to represent a roll from 40. (We had cars behind us) So he pulls along side, and we stay at 40 until I hear the intake suck as much air as possible. His side mirrors got to my front bumper. I then put the pedal down..... that was the last time he was even close to me.... we did the same thing on the way home, except this time he insisted that I go first... so I did... headlights in the rear view. We were hoping to get the light right before this shot span of highway but we did not. So we didn't get the chance to go from a dig but it was all in good fun none the less. I was worried about nothing.

Not the most amazing kill but fun none the less.

(Slapping myself) I feel that I owe everyone here, and my WRX a apology for even worring about losing to this car. Sigh.... going from a Civic to a WRX can open your eyes wide :D.

·
Registered
577 Posts
good kill, but I am hoping that between the time you picked up the car from the dealer, and the time you raced, you were able to break the engine in for the recommended 1K miles????:confused:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fear not my good friend... my name is not what I own. I have 02 WRX... already broken in... just have all my posts under this name so I will keep it that way.
:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
SubaruWRX2k4 said:
...snip...
(Slapping myself) I feel that I owe everyone here, and my WRX a apology for even worring about losing to this car. Sigh.... going from a Civic to a WRX can open your eyes wide :D.
You were just used to being slow in that Civic. Now you have to get used to being a bit highter on the food chain.

There is always someone faster, and your b-i-l just found him.

·
Registered
577 Posts
SubaruWRX2k4 said:
Fear not my good friend... my name is not what I own. I have 02 WRX... already broken in... just have all my posts under this name so I will keep it that way.
:D
ahh! makes sense!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts