ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 wrx have been running the cobb stage 2 tune on an upgraded topmount dw 200 and full exh and grimmspeed ebcs forever with no issues.
Today installed my vf39 with a set of sti dark blues. Running the cobb stg 3 map for the sti pinks.
Car misses once you cross into boost puts code p0172 for a to rich condition. Watching the af ratio at cruise its just about perfect stoich but as soon as you pull fro vac to .02 lb of boost goes to 11.25 and after psi pretty much wont go anymore till you pull your foot out of it. Tried the 91 and the 93 oct files runs the same. I also put new plugs in today denso tt platinum. Now a friend of mine seems the think the gap on the plugs may be the issue i find this a little hard to swallow. I am going to pull them tomorrow and check however just seems like its a reach for how its acting. Anyone have any suggestions

·
Registered
36 Posts
You should only run the injectors the ots map calls for unless you do a custom tune. They may flow the same at peak flow, but the mapping is more than likely different between the 2. Your also using the grimmspeed ebcs which that map doesn't call for. Your first step should be to call Cobb. They will tell you if what you did will work or not.

·
Æternum
19,861 Posts
You should only run the injectors the ots map calls for unless you do a custom tune. They may flow the same at peak flow, but the mapping is more than likely different between the 2. Your also using the grimmspeed ebcs which that map doesn't call for. Your first step should be to call Cobb. They will tell you if what you did will work or not.
This is without a doubt 100% correct.

The STI "blue" injectors are NOT the same as the STI pinks. Run the correct mods for the map or vice versa. There are NOT exceptions to this rule. On top of flow rates, injectors also are spec'd by flow linearity, latency, and dead time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And that was my feeling from the get go. I just was informed by a source i thought knew better than me they were fine oh well lesson learned

1 - 4 of 4 Posts