Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2002 wrx sedan vf39 turbo with only a cobb intake and i’ve been having problems where when i drive the car, it studders when i hit the higher rpms of gears and sometimes it’s worse than other times and there has been times when it hasn’t rlly done it at all but i have a boost gauge and before i cleaned the boost solenoid i was only getting 5 pounds of boost max so i cleaned the boost solenoid and even fixed a leak in a hose that came out of my wastegate and took it for a spin and was getting max 7 pounds of boost, also the studder around 4k rpms happens more often when the car isn’t as warmed up. if anybody has solutions or ideas pls let me know and feel free to ask more question.

·
Super Moderator
11,717 Posts
I have a check engine light but i do know it is from the 02 sensors being burnt/off checked codes for other things and haven’t gotten anything
I'm going to assume it's tuned. Do you have the ability to get a datalog? It sounds like you are stuck at spring pressure on the wastegate.

·
Æternum
16,073 Posts
Please read your CEL and post here.

If there is a CEL, something is wrong. You shouldn't be romping on the car until the CEL is read. Seems to me the ECU is in limp mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts