ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got an 02 wrx bone stock and i was thinkn bout putting a short ram intake for the spooling sound not for performance and a type s bov also for sound.. any body think that wounld be bad??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh... i used to have another wrx it had a catback, intake and forged bov, and mbc. i never looked up the stuff but it seem to run fine and never ran rich or learn on the wideband a/f had. what problems could i run into with this setup??

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
Please follow the link in my signature for any/all info.

Search for the "Big BOV thread" for all BOV info. The short answer is "don't" and particularly so if one has to ask.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i took a look at that thread.. basicaly its say if i was to put an after market bov id be best off to have it recirculate..?? and that would be fine by me cuz id still be able to hear it, cuz im not planing on exhaust for a while.. but could i get by with a short ram intake with out a tune?

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
ok i took a look at that thread.. basicaly its say if i was to put an after market bov id be best off to have it recirculate..?? and that would be fine by me cuz id still be able to hear it, cuz im not planing on exhaust for a while.. but could i get by with a short ram intake with out a tune?
I sent you a private message

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts

You should have the car tuned.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
If you are used to old school modifications on bugeyes, yes there was a lot you could get away with including moderate use of an MBC. An air filter though needs a tune or an appropriate map unless you can verify that it will not alter MAF readings from stock. Also, pretty much everything works better with a tune, and an MBC is not the most effective plan for the future if that is what you were thinking when you do exhaust.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/134325261-first-modifications-what-do-not-do.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts