ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Got distracted looking up all the cars. Then saw supercharged cars back in the 30s, which blew my mind. Had no idea those exsisted back then. Now I'm reading about WWII planes lol...

Anyhow, haven't made it to 55 yet.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,445 Posts
Very provincial outlook though and so also very myopic. Most of the US cars listed are meaningless, and there are glaring omissions etc.

Any "best" list including the Corolla GT-S and calling it an "AE-86" is immediately suspect. I should have stopped reading right then and there but I continued, only to have my worries confirmed.

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
Very provincial outlook though and so also very myopic.
From the article:

Greatness, for the reason of this list, is defined by a vehicle's direct, significant contribution to American automotive culture.

And:

So it's a biased list in favor of cars that enthusiasts love, but it also acknowledges those everyday cars that have shaped our lives.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Now if anyone ever talks poop about your WRX, you can tell them "hey, it's better than a Veyron" albeit, by only 1 place. :(

Everybody is always going to have a problem with any list. But overall, it was enjoyable to look through. I think a lot of the cars are kind of "representatives". For example....the '93 civic hatchback (or whatever they put) is basically saying "let there be rice".

·
29,445 Posts
The 93 Civic hatch is a better car than any Subaru of which I am aware, and certainly any Subaru in its day.

That said, the list has a certain air of cluelessness that's quite refreshing actually, as if someone walked in from outside and let a breeze in with them.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
SD....you always make me laugh. You are correct, the '93 Civic hatch was a great little car that was very dependable, though I don't think it was necessarily better than the WRX (well maybe a few of them).

Looking through the list, there are a few 'what the hell are you smoking' ones and a few omissions. Did any of you read the linked '100 worst cars of all time' list? A few of those should have been on the 'greatest' list, though I would have a hard time arguing with their top 4 worst.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
SD....you always make me laugh. You are correct, the '93 Civic hatch was a great little car that was very dependable, though I don't think it was necessarily better than the WRX (well maybe a few of them).

Looking through the list, there are a few 'what the hell are you smoking' ones and a few omissions. Did any of you read the linked '100 worst cars of all time' list? A few of those should have been on the 'greatest' list, though I would have a hard time arguing with their top 4 worst.
The funny thing is they called it a hot rod of its time :rotfl:

The list was entertaining though...some really cool icons in there, as to be expected.

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
26,103 Posts
I've owned 5 cars on that list.

·
29,445 Posts
Five? Wow! Only two here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts