ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got under my 02 wrx sedan, and noticed an accumulation of thick gray grease under the front passenger side control arm. It looks to be coming from the rear bushing area, and accumulating on the sub frame. I looked for leaks at the ball joints and cv joints, and those all seemed good. Is the rear control arm bushing packed with grease? Any other ideas where this could be coming from?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Look again... I bet its a CV boot rubber with a hole in, or something like that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is possible, since I can see where the heat from my Titek catted downpipe has cooked the CV boot a bit. I just didn't think it compromised the seal and the rubber doesn't have the grease on it.

I've read that control arm bushings on other cars can leak grease. Are people 100% sure the 02 WRX does not have sealed grease in that location?

·
The Default One
4,489 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done a fair amount of work under there, including a recent halfshaft/cv swap replacement. I know that there's grease in the boots for the cv joint, upper and lower ball joints.

Most of the grease is on the sub-frame, so it'll be easy to stick a camera in there and take pictures tomorrow morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts