ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my '02 wagon just started this behavior. It won't turnover. I put in the key, full lights. Turn the key to start and nothing happens. Can't jump start with cables but, it will push start. Any ideas?

-mx

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The voltage gauge remains the same when running or turning the key. I will look at the relay and fuses.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would think it has to be a bad relay, fuse, or bad starter. Those are the usual suspects. If you find the starter relay and there are any relays around it that are just like it, swap the relays and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also, if you can get at the starter, give it a few love taps with a wrench or hammer and see if that helps.

Edit: Possibly a bad clutch switch as well. The one the pedal hits when you push the clutch pedal down. Pretty sure that is part of the starting circuit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you unplug it I think you can jump the connector with a fuse or a piece of wire. I would try a fuse first. if you don't have a spare pull one from the fuse box that isn't necessary for the car to Run. if you do jump it make sure the car is in neutral before you try and start it or it will lunge forwards on you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, strangely, it started right up when I went out from work. Then I drove home and stopped to get the mail and it did it again at first and then on the second attempt it started. This is weird.

-mx

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Starters usually go intermittently like that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
when you go to start it, listen closely, do you hear a clicking sound. If not, your starter solenoid is not engaging.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:

I took the battery in to be tested and it was apparently bad so, I bought a new one. After I put it in, when I turn the key all the power shuts down. This is getting more strange.

-mx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Update:

I took the battery in to be tested and it was apparently bad so, I bought a new one. After I put it in, when I turn the key all the power shuts down. This is getting more strange.

-mx
Is your car parked over an Indian burial ground?

srsly: You're saying when your car is turned to ACC, all the interior power is off?
When you turn it back to ON, do you have power?
when you turn it to START, do you have power anywhere?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts