ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who didnt believe that i took an h22'd civic 4 door you won't believe this :)

i saw this white civic hatch with white rims...looked nice and clean....i was making a right onto a main road and he was making a left from oncoming street, he rolled by next to me and revved....i automatically thought he had an h22 or something of the sort with all the bolt on's...and i wanted to see how much the weight difference made so we finally got a chance at open road..we had a red light and he was the 1st car and i was behind him...he took off slow but stayed in first because i heard the high rev's...so i quickly pull into the lane next to him and as soon as im coming up he takes off so i follow suit....i shift to 2nd and gain a few inches but im still behind...i shift to third and gain a few more inches now im gaining on his front bumper....he shifts to 3rd as im half way through it and im gaining ever so slowly....i shift to 4th and get an instant inch or so jump and im trailing by maybe half of the front bumper and we both had to let off because of upcoming traffic...so if we would have started side by side i would have taken him...this has been the best race so far..and he was really cool about it also..when we pulled up next to each other i signal him to lower his window (which was broken so he had to lean over and open the door) and he screams out "ITS..... NOT..... NORMAL!!!" lol i thought it was funny and asked "h22?" and he says yup.....we both part ways and give thumbs up

cliff noties wrx > hatch...

·
Registered
676 Posts
your mods are uppipe and downpipe only?and u hung with an h22 lightweiht civic (amazing). :)

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
this is the 2nd H22 civic you have raced this week..... I am pretty "into" the import scene and this isnt a swap you see everyday on the street. its expensive and requires a lot of dedication. I am also a bit bewildered by the fact that you raced an H22 hatch with full bolts on's and gained on him as you got faster :confused1 The sole purpose of that swap is to have a strong torque curve compared to other swaps and it gives a very hard pulling 3rd and 4th gear. Yet you in your wrx gained on him more and more the faster you went even into to 4th great :confused1

also, you said ' he reved and I automatically knew it was an H22 or something of the sort with bolt on's". It's kinda hard to tell an H22 from any other engine when reving, espeically with bolt on's. From my experience the LS vtec, B18C1, C5, K20, H22 all sound very similar.

o well.... I dont mean to give you a hard time, but I need to make my suspicions aware. There are many things in this post I find odd.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
676 Posts
he did asked the guy at the end of the race, if it's h22 or not and the guy nodded. i guess it means yes. :cool:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i meant i knew it was an h22 because alot of people down here have h22 swaps...if you dont think its a common swap you should SEE the cars in miami...if you would watch the meets these people have you will see everything like i said there are maybe 2-3 v6 tt mustangs.....supercharged s2000's, supercharged z06's, sick tt 300zx's, 2jz swaps in just about anything you can put one in...lexus sc300's, is300's etc. etc. you name it and i bet you will see it down here...so i automatically knew it was an h22 or something of that sort because he actually WANTED to race me...if i were in a plain POS civic hatch i wouldnt be stupid and rev at a wrx...so logic came into play and i figured he had something in there that he knew would give me a challenge....im not saying i knew it was an h22 because im a genius and i could tell by the exhaust note....im just saying its common sense...

edit: i did say "or something of that sort"...

·
Registered
22 Posts
evL`WrX said:
i meant i knew it was an h22 because alot of people down here have h22 swaps...if you dont think its a common swap you should SEE the cars in miami...if you would watch the meets these people have you will see everything like i said there are maybe 2-3 v6 tt mustangs.....supercharged s2000's, supercharged z06's, sick tt 300zx's, 2jz swaps in just about anything you can put one in...lexus sc300's, is300's etc. etc. you name it and i bet you will see it down here...so i automatically knew it was an h22 or something of that sort because he actually WANTED to race me...if i were in a plain POS civic hatch i wouldnt be stupid and rev at a wrx...so logic came into play and i figured he had something in there that he knew would give me a challenge....im not saying i knew it was an h22 because im a genius and i could tell by the exhaust note....im just saying its common sense...

edit: i did say "or something of that sort"...
I believe you just as much as he does ----> :bs:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope im sure it was running fine because the driver seemed pleased with the race...its sad how much you guys degrade the wrx :rolleyes:

·
Registered
225 Posts
its not sad, we wernt there, we dont know what happend, but if you look at the facts on paper, a H22 hatchback(running right), should be quicker then a wrx with a TBE and an uppipe.

·
Registered
676 Posts
WRXskeet said:
its not sad, we wernt there, we dont know what happend, but if you look at the facts on paper, a H22 hatchback(running right), should be quicker then a wrx with a TBE and an uppipe.
is that u on the avatar? maybe, he has more mods than just an uppipe and downpipe, or the civic driver weighs 500lbs. :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope thats all i have, wait plus the ecu reset to remap the fuel.... which really makes a difference if nobody has tried it do it and tell me that it doenst make a big difference....

·
Registered
676 Posts
evL`WrX said:
nope thats all i have, wait plus the ecu reset to remap the fuel.... which really makes a difference if nobody has tried it do it and tell me that it doenst make a big difference....
i believe u, man. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
my roommate had an h22 civic with full bolt ons. We raced from 60 to about 100 with my txs tb, perrin up, and mbc at 16 psi. i would pull him very slowly every time. i mean a few inches per second. he traded the car in on a used wrx, lol. but found out the wrx had been wrecked and since traded it in on a used s2000. the civic was fast, but the story is very believable b/c i did it with about the same mods.

·
Registered
186 Posts
yeah, i don't think i would have taken him without my boost controller. his honda was not in top notch if you took him with only up and dp.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
see but you were very slowly pulling away and i was doing the same very very slowly pulling....maybe it was running top notch but there nothing critically wrong with it... thank you for putting your race in :) now i atleast have more proof that IT IS POSSIBLE....

AND I ALSO HAVE MY ECU RESET :( why does no one take that into consideration i felt it made it big difference...

·
Registered
447 Posts
resetting your ECU does not make your car more powerful. Initially you will see a 10whp drop after resetting. The car will feel sluggish as the timing multiplier gets set back towards 8. After a few days driving the ECU will learn your driving style from TPS inputs combined with A/F ratios. If you drive like a grandma, you will get less throttle response but better mileage. if you drive like an @ss, you get less milage but more @ssanine acceleration.

Since you are not running engine management catering to your mods, nor have you screwed with the MAF, or intake tract. you should not see any more gains than the next guy with a downpipe who didnt reset his ecu.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:( i felt the throttle response alot more when i did it...it might be that the car was not used to the 93 octane and by reseting the ecu to read 93 octane with the little mods it adjusted much better than it was reading it before because if the person who used this car prior to myself used anything less than 93 during the life of the car and drove it like a grandma then maybe thats why i felt the big difference??.....i just know that the way my car drove after i installed the up/down pipes without the reset and after was a BIG difference.. from throttle response and latter gear pickup like... 3rd gear WOT pickup....i felt it pull a lot more than it did before....

·
Registered
300 Posts
I totally believe you. My friend had a B16 swap and the B16 engine was WEAK!
He said the engine was not running correctly. So, the b22 you raced, could of
had something wrong with it. A rebuild/stengthend b22 would problably take you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts