Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which do u perfer the 02' or the 03' and go into detail why, and is it too late to get an 02;

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
jester said:
which do u perfer the 02' or the 03' and go into detail why, and is it too late to get an 02;
The only difference I know between the '02 & '03 is the blaze yellow color they now offer. Kinda like pee yellow(Sonic:D ) LOL. j/k You can still get an '02 and probably get a good price on one since the '03's are coming in now. I have seen fully loaded ones for about $25k brand new.

·
Registered
106 Posts
jester said:
If given a choice, I prefer the newer/fresher model.
I'm pretty sure there's always something new and improved in a vehicle when the new year rolls around, regardless how minor it may be. (did that last phrase sound right?:confused:)

I am hearing that 2003 adds:
*The new color "Sonic Yellow" (Obviously verified)
*The illuminated ignition switch.(Obviously verified)
*Dual Vanity mirrors in the sun visors? (October 2002 issue of Car and Driver)

*The rumored new manual trans parts???
*Because of lagging sales in Europe, Japan and Australia, due to styling complaints, their 2003 WRX's get the headlight facelift. (October 2002 issue of Road&Track)

I know, we shouldn't believe it until we actually see it.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Re: Re: 02' Vs 03' Wrx

XRW URABUS said:

*Because of lagging sales in Europe, Japan and Australia, due to styling complaints, their 2003 WRX's get the headlight facelift. (October 2002 issue of Road&Track)

I know, we shouldn't believe it until we actually see it.
Sounds like us crazy Americans were just so happy to get our hands on a WRX that we didn't care that it looked a bit goofy. Personally, I have grown to love my little bug-eyed wagon. :D

Is the new Sonic Yellow a limited color like the original Blaze Yellow?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 02' Vs 03' Wrx

djrez4 said:

Sounds like us crazy Americans were just so happy to get our hands on a WRX that we didn't care that it looked a bit goofy. Personally, I have grown to love my little bug-eyed wagon. :D

Is the new Sonic Yellow a limited color like the original Blaze Yellow?
Same here, It took me one model year to appreciate the "Bug Eyed" look. With added ground effects the bug eyes look even better.
I waited to see if there were going to be any competitors to Subaru's AWD/Turbo/under 26,000.00 set-up. The closest I've heard of is the obvious VW GTi 1.8T and a new 2003 Limited production MazdaSpeed Protege (minus the AWD!!:D ) Yes!, I'm a Subaru loyalist, I hate early buyers remorse

*Sonic Yellow is supposedly a first year only, limited production color that has the rear spoiler has standard equipment. (correct me if I'm wrong)

·
Registered
6 Posts
02 vs 03

The fact of the matter is that Subaru gave use a Diluted Car.But compaired to ANY! other car sold in the US for $24,000 it is the best bang for the buck.But Subaru could have put 4-pot brakes as and option,and I could use that lighted keyhole dam that 03.At least the 03 didn't get more hoursepower.;)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
im confused by this, doesnt SonicYellowWRX have an 03 WRX? if so then why are we hearing about new of a new 2003 model wouldnt that be the 2004 model

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, guys for the last time, I talked to a subaru, and other than the new yellow and lighted keyhole, there are NO exterior, interior, or engine changes. It's exactly the same as the 02's. Maybe a change is coming for 04, but definetely not 03.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You guys need to remember the 1 MY difference between us and the rest of the world. 03 in OZ is 04 here. 03's have been selling here for a couple of months....it's the same as 02 except for color, mirror, keyhole, and the rumored tranny change. The '03 in OZ is the one rumored to have the facelift + whatever other changes.

VV

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.