ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
rokyholler said:
i read about people loaning them from autozone but what is the difference between an o2 sensor wrench and just using a crescent wrench
I just bought an O2 sensor socket that you can use with your ratchet. It has a slit down the side to allow the wire to go through. It worked great for me.

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
A crescent wrench will work just as well as an o2 socket to remove an o2 sensor - if you can get the crescent wrench where you need it. On the WRX - that is the tricky part. There isn't any good way to remove the o2 sesor in the manifold with a crescent wrench - just not enough room (unless you've already reomoved it and trimmed the heatshield so you can remove it without removing the sensor).

You can borrow a socket from Autozone, but I would recommend buying one for a few bucks as it may come in handy in the future.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought that those o2 were the easiest things to get out. the uppipe one was a little harder but i just laid parallel with the car and had the bottom splash guard off and i had easy access to it from the front (above or below dont remember) the header

·
Registered
324 Posts
I found the sensor socket helps because the thick wire on the sensor makes it hard to rotate. With the socket you can just ratchet it without worry about it

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
rokyholler said:
i thought that those o2 were the easiest things to get out. the uppipe one was a little harder but i just laid parallel with the car and had the bottom splash guard off and i had easy access to it from the front (above or below dont remember) the header
heh - I thought it was a [email protected] I guess I just should have tried to look at it from a different angle :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts